Discuss egg buying on BYC versus Ebay

Quote:
If you have received dirty eggs that probably means a dirty coop. I know that if i don't clean the perch to the nesting boxes, daily that happens, and its worse if you don't collect the eggs right away. I've never bought eggs from eBay. I have from here and spent a lot of money and to this day I don't have any of those birds. My chances of hatching shipped eggs are always slim to none. I've only had a good % on my own eggs. But I will probably buy from here again. I'm working on BCM and only have 1 boy and 1 girl (who is just at one year old) Its hard to trust anyone these days, just because they list their eggs on here doesn't mean they are honest. Its nature for people to lie. How do we know whats in the egg? How do you know they aren't free ranging with roosters of an other breed? You don't. We all will take our chances. But now has come the days of winter and boredom and hatching seasons, and as with all of you hatching I will begin again on the 25th of this month when the moon is just right. Happy Hatching.

Quote:
May I ask who you order the Call duck eggs from? I ordered ducklings from a guy that was refereed to me for Calls and still to this day no refund and no ducklings even though I send them numerous emails daily and can't get my money back from pay pal or them.

I've bought dozens of eggs from both Ebay & BYC......never will I buy from Ebay again....my business is going to BYC folks.

The two biggest scammers were on Ebay....one played it so well, I let my 45 days with PayPal expire, because I bought the sellers sob story.

Of course, some of the same folks who sell on Ebay, sell on BYC.....those I've had bad experiences with, I stay away from...

I just feel more comfortable buying eggs from breeders I "know" from talking with here on BYC. No--I don't really know them, but I have an online relationship with them. I read what they say on other forums, to get a better idea of what kind of person they are. The majority of my truly successful hatches, have come from eggs I bought on BYC.

The 2 times I have bought eggs from someone on Ebay, I sorta got ripped LOL.. Batch one was some D"uccles, porc, millie, blue and black mottled. None of the millies hatched and the rest were poor quality. The second batch was supossed to be millie fluer bantam cochins. Only 2 hatched one was a barred bantam cochin the other a buff??? LOL So with that I only buy from BYC anymore

Quote:
I completely second this and I have to say that I have bought eggs from Pamperedpoultry...she is a great seller
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I think that's a really good idea about a thread though I'm not sure how to keep it from a "trash the seller" rant. That just tends to happen, but I would definitely participate.

I like the idea of a thread as well. To keep it from being a ranting thread how about starting one for positive experiences first. That way at least one could feel better about ordering from those individuals.

Then I suppose there could be a rant thread started but that could get hairy and give an otherwise good seller a bad reputation for one bad experience from a buy (or in the buyers opinion)

Quote:
I also like the idea. I wonder if there is a way to list the seller, how many people have used them, % of likes to dislike, comments, how well they packed for shiping and who they used. (Fedex or USPS)

Hi! I just want to add my thoughts to this thread. I've just started selling eggs on Ebay and BYC this last year. I've bought lots of eggs off of Ebay and for the most part felt scammed. The eggs were improperly packaged, didn't make, ect.... I've often wondered if some of those folks shake their eggs to help break the air sacs or just sell old eggs.

When I sell eggs I BEG the people to leave follow up feedback on how many are making or on how many have hatched! (Because I know that my eggs are good, my packaging is good, and I have a good reputation! 100% on Ebay.) They all write and say they've done terrific with my eggs but no one leaves follow-up. I try to tell folks if they go back and leave follow up then the rest of the people will see who is good to buy from! This will help to set a trend I hope and will keep good folks from wasting their hard earned $!

I for one encourage some form of follow up feedback! IT makes everyone strive to do better. Yes there are those that screw up their own incubating and want to blame the breeder and when they do that you can reply to their follow up with your thoughts, your track record on good feedback, and possibly be able to show that the person is one of those people trying to get freebies by complaining without just cause or they are just out to try and hurt your rep. I try to check their feedback as a seller and a buyer. (The type of feedback they leave for the people they bought from.)
This can tell you alot about a person.

It helps to be able to speak to other BYC members that have purchased/traded on here and can give personel information. Even better if you know them personally! I really like BYC! I plan to do a lot of my hatching egg selling on here, but I will still sell on Ebay too because I want to build my reputation on there also as a HONEST EGG SELLER that sells good eggs. So far so good.
big_smile.png

I try to write to people who have bought from the seller before to see what type of hatches and experiences they've had with any given seller. If they aren't happy I have to think twice.
wink.png
and see what others say about the eggs they recieved, how they were packaged and their hatch rate.

By the way for those who are interested my handle on Ebay is mimis_place.

Hope Everyone Has A Great Day I have to get back to work!

Back
Top Bottom