Disqualification or fault?????

vpeterson

Songster
11 Years
May 2, 2009
Forest Lake, Minnesota
I have three questions.
1. Is split wing a DQ or is it a fault with points taken off?

2. Is slipped wing a DQ or is it a Fault?

3. Is a twisted feather a DQ or a Fault?

I raise silkies but I am thinking the answer would be the same for all breeds of chicken.

Thanks for your reply. I am confused as to why the level of competition would matter. You would think that a DQ would be a DQ at any level?
Because the quality of birds is not as good at county shows, not being disparaging but usually young kids just getting into showing are in attendance and their birds aren't "all that", the judges for whatever reason don't judge that hard. Right or wrong, that's what happens.
It also depends on the judge's knowledge of the breed. In the bigger exhibitions, several judges will be called in to judge, usually, they are experts in a particular breed and raise that particular breed of chicken(s) and would be better to discern a DQ than a judge that makes 1 or 2 exhibitions a year.
These are just a few reasons but this isn't always the case. One time, I used a black sharpie to color in some white lacing on a Blacktailed White Japanese cockeral I was showing. You really couldn't tell but the judge spotted it and DQ my bird. I probably should have just let it be or not shown it at all but this was at a big showing in Arkansas. The level of SQ birds was awesome. The judges were too!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom