Disreputable Ebay seller....

I had the same problem with some eggs from ebay. They sent me nine and none hatched. Then they sent me 9 more that I had to pay the shipping and only 1 hatched. None of the others had anything in them.
Chris

this is absolutely rediculous!!! There is no reasont that someone cant just put a roo in with the hens or be a grown up about selling the eggs and sell them for eating instead!

Quote:
I saw that particular ad and asked to see more pic's of their hens. Shockingly enough, that was the end of that conversation.
ep.gif

Hmmm. The person does have a great long disclaimer on their listing about the bad feedback being unfair.

ETA I took the liberty of adding to it for them
tongue.png

Last edited:
Cara...Maybe Eric Holder is right. We are a nation of cowards. Why not just tell us who you think misrepresented eggs on Ebay and be done with it? Why make us guess?

If Cara were to name a certain seller by name in writing she would leave herself open to a lawsuit charging her with slander and defamation of character. She would have to be able to prove that the seller is selling non-fertile eggs, which would mean cracking them open upon receipt to prove there is no bullseye and then having to prove there is no rooster in the pen with the hens etc. etc. etc. There is no way to prove this and they can come back with shaken in shipping and a multitude of other reasons the eggs didn't form or hatch. She would also have to prove her incubation methods are 100% correct. In instances like this, although it really pains us to do it, we usually have to just bite the bullet and say to ourselves we won't buy from that person again. This is a lawsuit day and age we live in, is it worth it to publish someone's name?

Thank you for clarifying
smile.png
It's a sensitive topic, and threads have the tendency to get out of hand at the best of times.

I sell on Ebay, and admittedly there are some novice sellers. Some really have no idea what breed they are selling etc. But, I find it hard to believe that anyone would knowingly send infertile eggs. 1 out of 91 sounds more like an incubation problem to me.

One out of 91 with 9 different people incubating them sounds like the problem is on the sellers end. If one single person were incubating I'd say you're right.

Quote:
Thats a bit of an unfair statement, as conditions during shipping are out of the sellers hands.

I personally had over 5 dozen eggs shipped to me back in October or November, and out of the 60 something eggs that were in the incubator I think I hatched 9. It's a gamble I understood, and chose to take.

People can sell eggs all day long if they have a buyer, but it is the BUYERS responsibility to understand the inherit risks involved in having eggs shipped. NOT THE SHIPPERS!

It's rather rude to take a gamble and request eggs from someone, then chastize them because of conditions or circumstances out of their control.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom