Disreputable Ebay seller....

Quote:
clap.gif

I'm sorry, but saying " I bought eggs from So and So and only 1 of 90 whatever developed" is NOT slander. at BEST it's libel, because the written word is libel, but that has to be proved of course to be UNTRUE. If you stick to facts, there is nothing wrong with telling the truth and it's NOT against the law.

If word of mouth wasn't ok in the negative it wouldn't be ok in the positive. Telling others that so and so didn't live up to their end of the deal wherever, real life, print, virtual stores.. is just part of life.

What I can't understand is why diddle around this from the get go. What good is having this ability to share if not telling us who you have had a bad experience with. EVEN EBAY allows for this system of feedback.

unless you're filing a suit against them and dont want to mar your character or theirs, theres no reason to be secretive about their identity, theyre secretive enough due to the ambiguity of the internet and user names.

You're not donig them any favors keeping it quiet. Bad sellers on ebay are bad sellers for as long as possible simply because no one voices it.

Personally when I get screwed on ebay (which has only been twice) I make it a point to spread that knowledge around until ebay finally does something about it. The last seller that ripped me off finally got their account deleted because I wouldnt shut up about it on the forums.

I think it evened out considering that seller CALLED MY HOUSE with the number EBAY GAVE THEM to tell me to drop dead and i should watch my back all because I said I was reporting them for refusing to refund a return I KNOW they received.

Dont be quiet about stuff like that. Bad things only happen because they can happen in secret.

Thats all I have to say about that.
tongue.png
hmm.png

Quote:
are you the ebay seller in question?

1 out of 90 with multiple people hatching sounds like bad eggs to me.. 1 egg hatched per person would sound more like a shipping or hatching problem..

Quote:

1 out of 90 with multiple people hatching sounds like bad eggs to me.. 1 egg hatched per person would sound more like a shipping or hatching problem..

Probably not. Some eggs do ship better than othersd though.

some breeds of eggs for example the Orpingtons are BAD for shipping. Sometimes I would get lucky to get at least one or two out of a doz that would hatch.

The USPS can wreck havoc on your shipped eggs.

As for fertility, not a bad idea to see how his other buyers fared. If you get that bad of a reveiw, then you would make informed decision not to buy any more eggs from this guy again. I did that with other folks on a certain breeder and they all have commented the same thing so now this breeder no longer adversized this certain breed anymore because alot of work needed to be improved.

Quote:

Probably not. Some eggs do ship better than othersd though.

I do agree with this....I have had some breeds do MUCH better than others. Cochins ALWAYS do well for me, whereas true araucana NEVER do well, not only because of the tufted thing, but they seem more *delicate*. Some lines seem to do better also. Locality also comes into play, I get better hatches from certain areas also....

eta- if the air cells are blown then fertility doesn't matter.....

Last edited:
Quote:
Gosh I hope that's not true! I've had at least 75% hatches from shipped orp eggs... and so far from what I've sent out more than 90% are developing! Of course I just got started with shipping but man.. I would sure hate to think all of my experiences so far receiving or sending are a fluke!

Quote:
clap.gif

If only one person had incubated all 91 eggs then I'd tend to agree with you, but there were 9 different people doing the incubating so my money would be on the eggs being infertile. I know I won't be buying anything from that seller.

Back
Top Bottom