Distressed about a Lethargic chicken

Everyone should watch these:
Crop feeding videos

These are using a crop needle, not a plastic tube.

This one uses a tube like I use

OMG, I can't find a tube. I was lucky talking to a nice vet assistant who said go to a hardware store. So to Ace with a big syringe to see what I can find.

OMG, I can't find a tube. I was lucky talking to a nice vet assistant who said go to a hardware store. So to Ace with a big syringe to see what I can find.
You can use aquarium air line, and Tractor Supply should have big syringes. You have to modify the air line by melting the end with a lighter so it's not sharp, but that will work for you, so go the petsmart and get the airline and some Kaytee Baby Bird Food. Come back and give 15ml water per pound and repeat in 60-90 minutes if the crop has cleared. While you're out, get some corn syrup.

-Kathy

Back ready to start using the air tube got my syring melted my to to round both edges better that using wrong end.

Got pedialyte will warm 2 ounces see how this goes. Not sure if I sould mix in baby bird food if so how much. Pedal ute for now.

Last edited:
Back ready to start using the air tube got my syring melted my to to round both edges better that using wrong end.

Got pedialyte will warm 2 ounces see how this goes. Not sure if I sould mix in baby bird food if so how much. Pedal ute for now.
Just fluids now... 15ml per pound, then again in 60-90 minutes if the fluids has cleared the crop. Hydration must be corrected before feeding or you can kill them. She should also be nice and warm and giving fluids or food orally to a cold animal can kill it, too.

-Kathy

OGM, I DID IT! Thank you, thank you, ThAnK YoU For your help ! Now what should I do for a schedule? That was just pedialyte, I will read back about the baby bird food. Tomorrow I have to go back into work which mean I need to do as much for her that I can. I was thinking 2hrs that I should try 2 more ounces of pedialyte. Poor baby she just when back in her box to stand in the corner.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom