Dixie Chicks

Lady Grey CAN FLY!!!!! lol... She did her 1st really long, very high flight today...

@minihorse927

Don't let her take off (not that I really think she would)!

I encouraged her for this one... usually she just does very small hop flights... she needed a good stretching of her wings... went all around and down and came all the way back up for a perfect landing between me and the pools... don't worry, I am careful though... but this was just awesome! :D

Last edited:
@perchie.girl

Humm, humm, hummm... I think tat it would be very good to grow short things in... And thin/lets light through things....

I wonder about tomatoes though... I think that with your strong hot sun, the amount of light would be fine for tomatoes, but I am not sure how light from mostly just the one side would work...

I have grown peas in a windowsill, and they don't mind being like that, and don't need to be rotated....

I can't remember if I rotated my potted in the windowsill tomatoes.

@hennible haven't you grown tomatoes on a windowsill? Do you HAVE to rotate them? What happens if you don't?

I know some greenhouses up here in Alaska have only the front wall as glass..... The rest of the walls are solid and insulated... Maybe I will ask on the Alaskan facebook garden site.... It really is the exact same problem.

@perchie.girl

Humm, humm, hummm... I think tat it would be very good to grow short things in... And thin/lets light through things....

I wonder about tomatoes though... I think that with your strong hot sun, the amount of light would be fine for tomatoes, but I am not sure how light from mostly just the one side would work...

I have grown peas in a windowsill, and they don't mind being like that, and don't need to be rotated....

I can't remember if I rotated my potted in the windowsill tomatoes.

@hennible haven't you grown tomatoes on a windowsill? Do you HAVE to rotate them? What happens if you don't?

I know some greenhouses up here in Alaska have only the front wall as glass..... The rest of the walls are solid and insulated... Maybe I will ask on the Alaskan facebook garden site.... It really is the exact same problem.

I was thinking about that whole leaning toward light thing...... There may be a way of using that to an advantage though... One sided trellis.... I will just have to experiment... I can use reflective materials to spread the light about some. sort of like following the whole Solatube deal.

what ever I grow in that room will have the same needs light wise. Wether its hudroponics or dirt. I cant afford to be extravagant with lights.

Here is what I just found on Craigslist

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/grd/5180929386.html

LOL they want fifty bucks for it. about twice the materials...

deb

@perchie.girl , I think we are going to try raised beds next year. 3 years we have worked, amended, planted our garden. Only to end up with an armload of goodies. Drainage is our main issue. We cant put drainage pipes in there though due to septic tank is on one side, & leach lines in the back.

@minihorse927 , You get more rain? We did. So Sick of RAIN!

Gotta get DD up & ready for school. Then laundry, dishes, and much more fun on my day off
roll.png
. Have a good day everyone!

Only the big arminian ones are $4, the regular are $3 and pickling are a $1.
Cherries
And berries
Oh yeah! I need berries, big fan of cherries,as long as I can keep the birds off.

I have seen $4 for certified, locally grown cucumbers... Here, we complain when they go over $1, but then those are the California greenhouse ones.

Fingers are itching to get dirty and fall is moving in. Only 7C this when leaving for work this morning (6:30 am).

I went home and played with the black little fluff balls last night, DH thinks I am nuts.

@Alaskan
I have not, vehve did I think. I'm trying to overwinter some this year with some pepper plants and tomatillos... I'll find out if the grow light is enough... You probably need to turn the plants and switch them around so they don't get too leggy or lopsided.

Back
Top Bottom