Dixie Chicks

I would run electric fence. Just saw a nice fencer at our local feed store, cheaper than TSC just plug in models, this is a plug in AND has battery hook up cables, and battery can be hooked up to a solar panel for charging. (Northern Tool has cheap solar battery chargers).
You can wrap your whole setup every four inches if you want in electric wire for $30, minus the cost of a $50-$130 charger (depends on how much 'bite' you want).

If you don't have cats or dogs to worry about, I'd set some wire cable snares, they will kill all predators, don't use them if there is a chance of dogs or cats (unless you have some of them you want dead too) they don't discriminate, no 'catch and release'.

For what its worth when i do get things ready for poultry I will start with
Guineas because my horse loves em.
Then a few egg layers Like Wellies
then some game like Sumatras....

a turkey or two for fun not dinner.

then maybe muscovys for meat and eggs.

But I need to get things "in order" before hand. I am not as able as I used to be.
ya I get that .. you can not have a couple birds where you are? are there guineas you like in particular over others?

It was good being back in a feed store not TSC, saw some stuff a lot more expensive, bought a bag of layer mash, haven't seen mash in a few yrs, nice looking stuff and I ferment so the powder not a problem. Actually had visible whole grains in it, and some green stuff.
TSC layer crumbles and pellets, 16% protein, this stuff 17%, best of all...three dollars cheaper!!! Only $10.80! That'll add up over time.
TSC didn't post my review of their Dumor feed, saw other reviews that said they got mold. Sent me a email saying thanks for the review but it didn't meet their criteria...Probably cause I named the store and that I was going to buy my feed for now on at their local competitor just a hundred yards drive from them.
Sell me feed with mold chunks in it, no biggie, probably happens, take the mold chunks out and tape the bag up I returned and put it on clearence, your going to get a review from me. Didn't do any good though, TSC refused to post it. Maybe I'll post another not naming the store.

ya I get that .. you can not have a couple birds where you are? are there guineas you like in particular over others?

Guineas are just awesome! We were at our local 'farmers market', had guinea chicks, I could hear them from a ways away, nothing sounds like them, like wild birds... I so bad wanted them....
Got a stupid can't eat bunny instead, It's in my house...not coool.
Also got a half pound of golden bantam sweet corn seed for $7.50, dang they have awesome prices on bulk seed. Didn't realize how far a half pound of corn seed goes....I'm going to have to plant the rest tomorrow...

It was good being back in a feed store not TSC, saw some stuff a lot more expensive, bought a bag of layer mash, haven't seen mash in a few yrs, nice looking stuff and I ferment so the powder not a problem. Actually had visible whole grains in it, and some green stuff.
TSC layer crumbles and pellets, 16% protein, this stuff 17%, best of all...three dollars cheaper!!! Only $10.80! That'll add up over time.
TSC didn't post my review of their Dumor feed, saw other reviews that said they got mold. Sent me a email saying thanks for the review but it didn't meet their criteria...Probably cause I named the store and that I was going to buy my feed for now on at their local competitor just a hundred yards drive from them.
Sell me feed with mold chunks in it, no biggie, probably happens, take the mold chunks out and tape the bag up I returned and put it on clearence, your going to get a review from me. Didn't do any good though, TSC refused to post it. Maybe I'll post another not naming the store.

For what its worht DuMore feed is made by Purena....

Mold in feed is the stores fault usually. Stock not rotated or stored properly.... if not their fault its up to them to get the manufacturer to take it back. then the manufacturer can slap up the shipping company... and on.

deb

Back
Top Bottom