Dixie Chicks

ok I am half here n awake.. I should be asleep...anyways good morning @vehve @Beer can @Alaskan @hennible @Outpost JWB @JW12 @BriardChickens @Bogtown Chick @tntchix @perchie.girl @Aliciahess .......yawnnnnnnn stretchhhhhhhhh ...... @sourland
@Sarah1031 @Hagar3 @Peep_Show @Double Kindness @RavynFallen @NotAFarm @chickwhispers @Cold Canadian
@punkychicken @apteryx @watership @idiotswife
@bamadude
and anyone else I forgot in my sleepiness

So there is a huge debate over medicated and not medicated, do you use medication or do you look for alternative things to use and what are they and why? Also how do you deal with worming, when do you find it good to worm and when do you avoid it and why?

First thing to teach big dog.
DONT PEE INSIDE!
OH NO!
hugs.gif
My DH always says that no good deed goes unpunished...
roll.png
....I hope it is a single occurrence due to not being in sync with your routine or you with hers.

ok I am half here n awake.. I should be asleep...anyways good morning @vehve
  @Beer can
 @Alaskan
 @hennible
 @Outpost JWB
  @JW12
 @BriardChickens
 @Bogtown Chick
 @tntchix
 @perchie.girl
 @Aliciahess
 .......yawnnnnnnn stretchhhhhhhhh ...... @sourland

@Sarah1031
 @Hagar3
 @Peep_Show
 @Double Kindness
 @RavynFallen
 @NotAFarm
 @chickwhispers
 @Cold Canadian

@punkychicken
 @apteryx
 @watership
 @idiotswife

@bamadude

and anyone else I forgot in my sleepiness

So there is a huge debate over medicated and not medicated, do you use medication or do you look for alternative things to use and what are they and why? Also how do you deal with worming, when do you find it good to worm and when do you avoid it and why?

I have never used medicated feed but if I thought my chicks had coccidiosis I would bring in some medicated feed. I have definitely considered worming, I did have evidence in my flock of cecle worms but a large and regular feeding of garlic got rid of the symptom I was seeing so I held off... I also held off on worming because worm meds are not OTC in Canada, and the vet clinic was not too keen on helping me out. Rather than worming I think I'll just keep feeding them preventatives like garlic on regular basis, which will either keep the worms to a minimum or possibly keep them from having them at all...

OH NO! :hugs My DH always says that no good deed goes unpunished...:rolleyes: ....I hope it is a single occurrence due to not being in sync with your routine or you with hers.

Lol good deed indeed...
Yup hopefully we are just out of sync, i'm afraid I may have a dog that is not housebroken living in my rental...

Last edited:
I was reading something the other day about a worm wiggling in an egg.........the visual was ick...
sickbyc.gif

also myth or fact dirty eggs can indicate the chickens have a higher worm count or is it just a untidy nest box?

Back
Top Bottom