Dixie Chicks

Thank you! The guy acted like I had stole something when I said $50 so I didn't know if I was crazy high or not.
My way if thinking is I didn't really want to sell anyway, even though I need to make room for the teenagers in the grow out pen and the ones I just hatched.
alot of times you can get a lower cost deal with purchase of more then one bird..the more birds the better discount often times...though you see other deals and such but that seems to be about the average...

I've heard garlic and pumpkin seeds for worms but that was for humans. I wonder how pumpkin seeds work, scrub and scour the intestinal walls?
Dirty eggs come from dirty feet. Even with my deep litter method my eggs are clean usually. Just keep the litter dry and stirred up with the sawdust, the chickens do that for me.

I've heard both for chickens but there is no scientific proof they actually get rid of worms... But garlic at least seems to be a handy preventative, and in my experience it seems to have reduced the worm load...

Laying hens go for $10 each on Craig'sList around here. I would feel that's to much also if I was buying. You figure in the cost to get them to that age though and it's a deal. I plan on asking $20 if I ever have some Jersey Giants or Langshans for sale, if no bites I'd go to $10. If no bites on that, I'll eat em.

Thank you! The guy acted like I had stole something when I said $50 so I didn't know if I was crazy high or not.
My way if thinking is I didn't really want to sell anyway, even though I need to make room for the teenagers in the grow out pen and the ones I just hatched.
i think thats a good deal, he would pay alot more to buy chicks, food until they're that age, plus the wait for them to grow up, if i wanted sex links i would snap up that dea!
we're staying the winter down on junpiter lake, defuniak springs fl, saw my first live beaver this morning, so awesome
woot.gif

Well we worked out a trade lol.
He got his 6 hens!
I got $80 worth of wheat straw bales!

I didn't get money, he didn't spend money, and in the long run I made $30 in savings by not having to buy straw. I guess it was a win win.

I did make $100 off him. I had 2 miniature cast iron cannons (maybe 12"x6")that were sitting around rusting. He fell in love with them and offered $100. I said take em with you! Lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom