Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Just seen on CL where there is a company that will set you up with all you need to raise backyard chickens. Coop, run, feeders, waterers, roosts, and chickens. Why didn't I think of that? What a fun way to spend other people's money[​IMG].

2. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Wonder how high their markup is? lol

3. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Morning!

4. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Morning, Felix... How goes the compost, feed and Flappy consortium in that Cold Place? :D

5. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Compost s building a nice heat, and flappy is doing great. The feed mainly just sits there, it's not that active. There's almost a bit of sun out there, but it looks vefy windy too. Luckily, it isn't colder than -2C out there.

What's up in Tennessee?

6. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Sounds great, very glad Flappy is doing well, and staying outside...

Tennessee possums have learned I am their scourge, lol... weather has warmed up again, so hoping to get going on digging for compost and barrel well... and playing ring around the rosie to accommodate all the chooks Jim wants to keep... gotta put up more fence and more coops asap...

So, same old same old, lol... :D

7. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Chicken math at work [​IMG]

We've got some super freaky weather coming, it's now -2C, but it should go down to -13C in the night, only to jump back to +6C by Tuesday. We usually have a lot less varied weather here.

8. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

I'm seriously rethinking our idea of building the rabbit hutch with a green roof, our planning is starting to escalate in the same way as what happened with the little flimsy chicken coop we were supposed to put up at first.

But I did get a nice idea about the insect hotel. Since it's best to have it under a roof, I could use a large plastic box to make a green roof on that instead. I think it could look pretty cool to build it like that.

9. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    We still have not finished a rabbit hutch[​IMG] DH starts one, then he decides to build it another way, then it just sits there. I may have to take over the project. Especially since the mama is due in 13 days. They are all just in cages. Cages that are hard to clean. Especially in the frozen world. Suppose to get up to 59F today! Awesome. Then start going back down thru the week.

@RavynFallen , glad you gave the possum what it had coming!

10. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

good morning everyone...........I'm excessively busy here...trying to get the finishing touchs around outside got a jasmine planted, buried and put up the last of the chicken wire against the chainlink fence so it's babychick safe no escapee's, got some grass seed planted around the chicken pathway...still working at finishing the brick edging.......but got some done will work at finishing it tomorrow, got the tulip bulbs planted and a few other things [email protected] Big 50 and I also started demo on the beginnings of the master bathroom...the baby chicks are just about ready to go out into the coop over night...such a huge difference in them from the others...these guys are very hands on.........the big girls are not overly thrilled with the baby chicks but they arent outright harassing them...definitely letting them know they are on the end of the pecking order...the babys see me and it's yeah safety and run over to me...they are extremely use to being picked up and put into the brooder box......I am hoping to finish the edging and getting the frame work for the chicken tractor done today

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by