Dixie Chicks

I'm seriously rethinking our idea of building the rabbit hutch with a green roof, our planning is starting to escalate in the same way as what happened with the little flimsy chicken coop we were supposed to put up at first.

But I did get a nice idea about the insect hotel. Since it's best to have it under a roof, I could use a large plastic box to make a green roof on that instead. I think it could look pretty cool to build it like that.
How cool would that be?

good morning everyone...........I'm excessively busy here...trying to get the finishing touchs around outside got a jasmine planted, buried and put up the last of the chicken wire against the chainlink fence so it's babychick safe no escapee's, got some grass seed planted around the chicken pathway...still working at finishing the brick edging.......but got some done will work at finishing it tomorrow, got the tulip bulbs planted and a few other things transplanted...@Sharps Big 50 and I also started demo on the beginnings of the master bathroom...the baby chicks are just about ready to go out into the coop over night...such a huge difference in them from the others...these guys are very hands on.........the big girls are not overly thrilled with the baby chicks but they arent outright harassing them...definitely letting them know they are on the end of the pecking order...the babys see me and it's yeah safety and run over to me...they are extremely use to being picked up and put into the brooder box......I am hoping to finish the edging and getting the frame work for the chicken tractor done today
you are making me tired just reading this LOL

well just had a bit of excitement two balg eagles swooped down and landed in my neighbors yard couldnt find the camera...before they left...the gang all were safely in their henhouse run the boys were protecting their flock very well :)
phew

well just had a bit of excitement two balg eagles swooped down and landed in my neighbors yard couldnt find the camera...before they left...the gang all were safely in their henhouse run the boys were protecting their flock very well :)

Now that I know how close you are I think I saw the same two this morning! They did a big circle outside my window and then headed south together. A beautiful site for sure, but glad your chooks were safe. I should have grabbed the camera, doh! Well, the one with the good lens is at the office anyway... Now off to check on progress at the new place - DH is testing out floor finishes, and then pick up son from a sleepover. Have a great Sunday everyone
big_smile.png

Now that I know how close you are I think I saw the same two this morning! They did a big circle outside my window and then headed south together. A beautiful site for sure, but glad your chooks were safe. I should have grabbed the camera, doh! Well, the one with the good lens is at the office anyway... Now off to check on progress at the new place - DH is testing out floor finishes, and then pick up son from a sleepover. Have a great Sunday everyone
big_smile.png
where is the new place? and lol we have so many eagles here on the island could be any pair :)

finally got the chicken pathway bricks finished whew..now just to scatter somemore seed and a couple wheel barrows of dirt and hopefully it will get some grass and get rid of the muddy area......it's a beautiful day today...........making me itchy to get the pathway to the backyard crushed out before the muddy season really hits........

How cool would that be?

you are making me tired just reading this LOL

phew
lol feel free to come lend a hand fun part now gonna get the frame of the chicken tractor done :) I got distracted pruning the laurel where the walkway to the backyard could go.....lol should I mrntion the dishes are done and the laundry's finished and vacuumed as well lol

That reminds me... I need to make a path from our front door to the forest in the spring. And get the neighbors to start using it. No matter how many times I tell them to just walk right in front of our house, they keep taking a route right by the edge of the property... I'm afraid of how my rhubarb is going to look come spring. Their path goes straight through my junk garden. The soil is riddled with all kinds of inorganic trash, glass, bricks, porcelain and such. I've got some parsley root, strawberries, rhubarb and chives planted there.

That reminds me... I need to make a path from our front door to the forest in the spring. And get the neighbors to start using it. No matter how many times I tell them to just walk right in front of our house, they keep taking a route right by the edge of the property... I'm afraid of how my rhubarb is going to look come spring. Their path goes straight through my junk garden. The soil is riddled with all kinds of inorganic trash, glass, bricks, porcelain and such. I've got some parsley root, strawberries, rhubarb and chives planted there.
that doesnt sound to safe.............whew wore my drill out have to make friend fries n chilli for chilli cheese fries for lunch and let drill recharge..but frames nearly done...couple more supports and figure out how to frame for the roof and door frame

lol feel free to come lend a hand fun part now gonna get the frame of the chicken tractor done :) I got distracted pruning the laurel where the walkway to the backyard could go.....lol should I mrntion the dishes are done and the laundry's finished and vacuumed as well lol
It's like 2000 miles girl, otherwise I'd be there.
big_smile.png
I worked my tail off inside today, laundry, dishes, reorganized the plastics cupboard. I had lids from 2009 with no matchng bowl. LOL I get my new dishwasher tomorrow so cleaning under the sink in the morning.

We have concrete slab steps but I would love to have a more organic pathway. When we fix the foundation and add the covered porch and lose the deck I'l probably rip out the concrete, which will make DH mad. He did all the work himself. I just hate straight lines, few things in nature run in straight lines. It's just my thing. LOL

Ouchie if they step in that.

Back
Top Bottom