Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

really? it busted?

[​IMG]

that sucks

2. Beer can

Beer can Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    I'm not to fond of the NN either, I think they are ugly so I'm glad these wont have it. Read up on Transylvanian Naked Neck's and they say they are cold hardy, which is surprising beings they don't have much for feathers.
    Awesome tractor Amberjem ! I'm thinking of building one for those cemani crosses to keep them in, will be easier and cheaper than adding even more on to the coop.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  3. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    I THINK THE HACKLE FEATHERS ARE SOME OF THE PRETTIEST FEATHERS ON a CHICKEN. i''M NOT SURE WHY A PERSON WOULD WANT A NAKED NECK EITHER BESIDES THE CULLING EASE.

MAYBE THEY HAVE SOME OTHER VIRTUE I'm UNAWARE OF....?[​IMG]

4. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

that sucks!

@Alaskan whats going on with your eggs?

ya I can see that working @Beer can ..thanks it's not looking to shabby thing got the wheel thing figured out going to put some loops on all four points that way I can stick a rod thru it pop the tires on either side and eithr push or pull..........unless I can figure out doing the skids with the pipe...but thinking with how muddy we cabn get and the ground gets so soft might not work so well

5. Amberjem

heard they can be good layers but I dunno they look way to vulturous to me...

6. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

still just have three pips... all in olive eggs....

I can't watch... if I did I would crack all of the suckers open....I hate waiting

7. Beer can

Beer can Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Ooops, called them Turkish, their Transylvanian, had to edit it. I heard they bred them that way so the vampires could get to their necks easier Lol!

8. Amberjem

hahahahah too funny

9. Amberjem

when did they first pip? this morning?

10. Amberjem

are maran's as lazy hatchers as orpingtons? i know the maran's are lil longer to hatch..........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by