Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. I try to thrift all clothes, but jeans I gotta buy new and the MUST be on sale or no deal.

2. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Outpost...good luck on the Bank opportunity. [​IMG]

May I ask if it's a large corporate bank or locally owned small town bank? There's lots of moving up in banks that can happen. Oh I hope you get it! DH started out in loans then moved up to Branch Manager. He likes our branch (3 miles from our driveway) and it's small town owned too. He used to work for a larger corporate bank. Not his cup of tea.

3. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Haven't tried anything, I'm not breaking into it till I get the toddler down for bed... I'm greedy that way... I mean it's for his health...
    No it's not vacuum sealed anymore Felix, but it doesn't look like anybody went through it I just think traveling popped the seal.

Nameless bank, call outpost back ASAP!!

4. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    I am guessing small corporate....has branches in 3 states, so not really big, but not really small.

I just got off the phone with HR. [​IMG] She said that she accidently deleted my background check #3. She said new system, new software, she is about to pull her hair out (so am I) and she kept apologizing. This bank was just recently bought by another bank and they merge next month. IF I get the job, it's part time to start with opportunity for advancement, and there are 5 branches that are closer to my home than my current employer. I have worked in the cash office at my current employer for 5+ years and been there for 17 years. So this is a huge leap of faith. And I have prayed! So, I have now submitted the background check again. She said she is putting a rush on it. I feel like I am holding onto a cliff! Maybe they are just testing my patience.....[​IMG] @Bogtown Chick , I used to work at a bank as a receptionist in the mortgage department, but I can't use it as a reference. My ex sister in law is the vice president there and I was paid under the table because I was pregnant with my son (he's 22yrs old now) and I had to sign statements that I would not sue the bank if I got hurt there. 22 years ago was a different time and it was hard to find a job especially being 5 months pregnant and moving from Georgia to Ohio.

@vehve , clothes are relatively cheap here if you don't go for the name brand. The store I shopped at today is a 2nd hand shop. One of the shirts still had the original store tags on it. I paid $2.28, the original price was $16.99. With 2nd hand stores around here, you have to watch for bed bugs though. I read the care instructions there and they go straight to the washer, then to dryer, then I dry them more for good measure.

5. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

My riding in Sycamore Canyon was back in the 70s back then I suspect it was a working cattle
    ranch. My last horse was half Arab and half Standardbred.... He had a magnificent trot and could do ther Whirly gig with the best of em. I had him all his life.

He was also a harness horse . I trained him to drive when he was still too young to ride much.. and we could brush pop on Jeep trails with the best of them. He could turn that cart 180 degrees on one wheel when wed get stuck on a dead end trail.

Katee is my baby girl... shes twenty now and still green broke... Oh shes been shown and driven lots and ridden some but she doesnt have enough miles for me to consider her more than a green horse. Percherons have many Arab Characteristics. They had an infusion of Arab back in the Goodolphin era.... Hot blooded for drafts and she can do the Twirly Gig too... She EEEwwwws when shes going to crow hop and I have seen her do two thousand pound interpretation of a roll back.... [​IMG] And I have ridden her version of it... At least till she came down.... She forgot I was there... [​IMG] I just laid there everyone came running.... when they got to me I said "someone go catch my horse.... " I fall well I was just ticked at myself.

There were two fires.... One in 2003-4 and one again in I wanna say 2006-7 ... my mind is kind of fuzzy on dates. The earlier one was called the Cedar fire and thats the one that blew up through Sycamore canyon. Threatened to take out Scripps Ranch as well... burned the fringes of that area.

The Cuyamacas were pretty much lost as well as some of the Lagunas.. But both are hale and hearty now. People forget that fire is part of the ecology... buns out the sick and weeds out the suckers. And forces some to germinate. because of the drought the trees were weakened and many were partially beetle killed... those went first.

the people on the other hand... There were alot of people in the back country that didnt have fire insurance or any insurance at all. I know one woman was building a house in Alpine it was going to be a log cabin so she wanted a basement... For non Californians basements are very very rare here. Well she wound up moving into her basement... I dont think she ever recouped...

deb

6. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]almost done lil more bending of metal, and somemore wire and one more door..whew..........am cold been working in a drizzle all day

7. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    @perchie.girl and
    @JulesChicks , So sorry with what you both have been thru and seen with the fires. We see it on the news all the time. Such tragedy.

8. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

Because of fire and earthquake I am somewhat of a pragmatist... but I do keep prepared... Water on hand always... To go kit... first aid kit... know how to turn off the gas. Have an evac plan. And have all the family on the same page for the evac plan.

For the animals have them trained to go into the horse trialer... Halter and lead rope and a way to identify the horse that wont wash off. White or black shoe polish is a good one Write your phone number on the hip... Id tags are good but only if they wont melt.

The only thing worth saving is lives... everything else can be replaced.

deb

9. Amberjem

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    walkways done, grass seed is spred, and mulch is down...now just wait for it to start growing..clover seed I put down the other day is coming up...

10. Amberjem

[​IMG]
    just shove the bad neighbors out and your good to go lol

@Beer can whats going on with your black chickens?
    what kind of main road?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by