Dixie Chicks

Good morning everybody!
frow.gif

We're suppose to get a good 5 inches of snowfall today. Hey that's our record for the year so far! Ha. DH pulled the icehouse off the lake last night (DNR requires they come off at the end of the month anyways) so he didn't have to plow and pry it out of snowbanks, etc. So that job is done. Just be fishing on the lake with portables or out in the open on nice days.

I also cleaned out dirty pine shavings out of the coop and put in new. I always seem to have a February Cleanout it seems. It gets to a point I can't stand it and then the warming February trends in weather get me out there. It's just not the poop...as I have a little system of poop removing but all that gray sooty dust clinging to the shavings...ack. Just dirty looking. Is it just me or do the birds love fresh new shavings too? I swear they swagger in and take their time and relish it too-- looking around-- much cozier. Mmmm they smell so good.... and clean.

I got eighteen acres in the middle of Survivalist country... LOL. My nearest neighbor was far away.

Yep thats a picture of my house from my neighbors driveway... He keeps an eye on it for me while I am living here in town. The road through my property follows a seasonal creek therefore its lower than the houses enough that you dont see them when people drive through.

Its a dead end road and Tom and I are the last two houses along it. So Most people dont just Drive through unless they have business... there are four parcels down there so its either Real Estate agents or Border patrol. The property west of me is 80 acres and It was up for sale a while back for 100 an acre which in California is very cheap. I wanted it in the worst way... but one of the REaltors bought it as an investment.

All the land you see in this picture is mine with the exception of the rocks in the foreground and the piles of rocks in the background.

There will be no developing of this land with the exception of livestock field fence immediately around the house.. About five acres.

deb

Back
Top Bottom