Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Now this is one cute police officer.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Where's Jem? It's been super quiet today...

3. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

I really want a bigger yard. Now I'm fantasizing about building a underground greenhouse...

4. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

I have too much yard... It's a bit daunting thinking of how best to use it. I really need a root cellar and a cold room... And a good hundred fruit trees.... A new coop, smoke house.... A barn... Lol

5. ApiaryandAviary

ApiaryandAviary Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2014
    Too much yard?
    I have only 33 acres and it is not enough! Lololololollllll

6. ApiaryandAviary

Jul 10, 2014
    as years went by, people used to refer to us as the family off the movie, Blast from the past. But now we have realized we are the family off of Blast from the Past.
    My hubby is a retired Aeronautical Engineer. I was into Cooking and arts.Our son is, well he was injured in the military to return home and we are preppers. Yup. We prep. Our son thinks about digging a hole in to the
    Side of the mountain and then He thinks about building a wall around the hill top of this mountain where we have moved to.
    Our vacation cabin has become our retirement home since the stock market and housing market crashed and burned at our retirement party. We are the Blast from the Past. Go dig that hole for your green house. Store seeds there. I have family in Norway and they say the cold is a good place to store. Well so was desert til,...Got to close. Are you digging yet?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  7. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Well on the other hand I'm eyeballing my neighbours land because his 40 acres looks like something I could work with... Hehe
    Best thing about his land is it connect to my friends 150 acres... And best thing about their land is it connects to my crazy ex bosses 1005 acres.... Now that's a piece of land.... My god I could start a commune there... A hippy one not a crazy one... Ok a hippy may seem crazy to some... Not a cult any who... My land is under 3 acres and the size is great but big enough to do lots with but small enough to require a lot of planning to really make the most of... Any way maybe that makes my meaning a little more understandable...

8. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper

Nov 3, 2010
    I've got 14 acres here and it's not enough! I need more space. I hate having building and coops cluttered together. I want big enough areas to drive a truck through at minimum. I have about 9 acres of really nice flat or gently sloped ground but a creek runs through and cuts about 5 acres of it off. I'm leary of putting anything
    over there due to neighbors. It's not hard to get to but we are way back off the road and it could easily be broken into without us knowing until the next day.

9. ApiaryandAviary

Jul 10, 2014
    I like being off a main road. AlThough it does have its drawbacks.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  10. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper

Nov 3, 2010
    I'm on a little back road that's in the middle of a nature preserve. So luckily not on a main road. My driveway is 3/4 of a mile long, if not longer. Still bad enough I don't trust the neighbors enough to put coops on the other side of the creek.

Oioo, and the chocolate orp pen is done! Moving them tonight to their new digs. This will give broody mama a safer place to hatch her chicks in on friday with less chickens to interfere.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by