Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

Nice job very very nice.

deb

2. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

brrr no snow here drizzle all day though

[​IMG]

maybe other ppls mind :p

so pretty always you have great pictures

yes unfortunately I have a way to big of tub hard to get the water hot enough when it's filled...othr half needs to turn water heater up still
    I use to do that when I was at work was able to nuke it there for the pain

[​IMG]

3. Amberjem

lol thanks I think itsa turning out well my fingers might not survive it with the cold drizzle I been smashing em all day l;ol

4. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Oh that sucks... Cold and smashing fingers... Look pretty sweet jem

5. Amberjem

yeah my fingers are throbbing up a storm..but kept me busy all day while @Sharps Big 50 was busy with his CDL training...I been brain storming I think I would like to add some wheels on the end something on a rod that can be slipped under the tractor and locked into place when I move it and then pulled up when not being moved... I am sure @Sharps Big 50 will have some extremely clever idea........

6. ApiaryandAviary

ApiaryandAviary Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2014
    Any road that is two lanes is too big for a home for me.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  7. Beer can

Beer can Chicken Obsessed

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    @Beer can whats going on with your black chickens?

I just pm'd her letting her know I have the $. She's been waiting to makesesure she gets the sex's right I guess. Haven't heard from her in a couple weeks, last I heard she said she was saving me a couple nice ones. I want a trio. She's not having very good luck getting the ones she wants, the naked necked ones, not getting many. I guess the NN gene is supposed to be dominant but she said something about her roo being "bowtied" and will only get like 50% of the ones she wants, not sure what bowtied means. I actually asked originally if I could get them in the spring and she was all right with that, but now I think I'll pick them up whenever she wants to let them go. I haven't got a confirmation notice from SandHill yet either, but the breeds I want are still labeled available on their website. They say your more likely to get what you want if youre flexible on the hatch dates, and they will not send them if they don't have all the breeds you request on the hatch date you select. So I circled all of them until the end of July, got my fingers crossed. The wife didn't like that I circled dates so early, we really don't want them in the house to long. But from what I've read on them they only hatch what they have
    orders for and don't overhatch and kill like most hatcheries do, they get rid of extras through mix batch deals, really cheap in the fall but you don't know what your going to get.

8. Amberjem

from my understanding the bowtied is the ruffle of feathers around the bottom of a naked neck.......can be with the bowtie or without the bowtie... personally I think the bowtie looks better..but I have a hard time liking the nacked neck look....sounds exciting I dont think I am familiar with sandhill :)

9. Amberjem

ok three more smashed fingers and I am really really done working on the tractor today lol besides it's getting dark......so my babys slept overnight in the henhouse for the first time last night.. I only visited them a few times as well..they seem to be doing great...and I started collecting eggs from violet to incubate

10. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

The only bonus I see to a naked neck chicken is it will be easier to cut their head off...
    Showgirls are kind of cute though...

I need to fix my chicken tractor once snow melts, snow load my roof... I got to watch it snap... Bummer

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by