Dixie Chicks

Good morning everybody!
frow.gif

We're suppose to get a good 5 inches of snowfall today. Hey that's our record for the year so far! Ha. DH pulled the icehouse off the lake last night (DNR requires they come off at the end of the month anyways) so he didn't have to plow and pry it out of snowbanks, etc. So that job is done. Just be fishing on the lake with portables or out in the open on nice days.

I also cleaned out dirty pine shavings out of the coop and put in new. I always seem to have a February Cleanout it seems. It gets to a point I can't stand it and then the warming February trends in weather get me out there. It's just not the poop...as I have a little system of poop removing but all that gray sooty dust clinging to the shavings...ack. Just dirty looking. Is it just me or do the birds love fresh new shavings too? I swear they swagger in and take their time and relish it too-- looking around-- much cozier. Mmmm they smell so good.... and clean.
brrr no snow here drizzle all day though

hugs.gif

the depths of the gutter in which my brain resides boggles the mind, doesn't it?

my eggs aren't hatched yet. curse, curse, curse

next time I WILL make a note of the day I set the eggs
maybe other ppls mind :p

I got eighteen acres in the middle of Survivalist country... LOL. My nearest neighbor was far away.

Yep thats a picture of my house from my neighbors driveway... He keeps an eye on it for me while I am living here in town. The road through my property follows a seasonal creek therefore its lower than the houses enough that you dont see them when people drive through.

Its a dead end road and Tom and I are the last two houses along it. So Most people dont just Drive through unless they have business... there are four parcels down there so its either Real Estate agents or Border patrol. The property west of me is 80 acres and It was up for sale a while back for 100 an acre which in California is very cheap. I wanted it in the worst way... but one of the REaltors bought it as an investment.

All the land you see in this picture is mine with the exception of the rocks in the foreground and the piles of rocks in the background.

There will be no developing of this land with the exception of livestock field fence immediately around the house.. About five acres.

deb
so pretty always you have great pictures

@Outpost JWB and @Amberjem - ever tried soaking in an epsom salt bath? Does wonders for aching muscles. I would today if I wasn't out. Costco sells them in their pharmacy section in a box for a great price...use about a cup with as hot of water as you can stand. For your shoulder you can soak a hand towel in the bath water and then drape it over your shoulder. Hope that helps!

yes unfortunately I have a way to big of tub hard to get the water hot enough when it's filled...othr half needs to turn water heater up still
A rice filled sock nuked for 4 minutes does wonders on aching muscles and joints too.

Deb, awesome picture.

Sam, was it still vacuum packed? And did you try some already, what do you think? How about the salmiakki?

I use to do that when I was at work was able to nuke it there for the pain
I have a rice filled bag I use sometimes. Dr says ice is better for my back. Inflammation. Heat makes it worse, but feels good.

So, went to work, stopped off at goodwill on the way home and bought 9 very nice dress shirts for $25 TOTAL! I am super thrifty! Then I came home, and guess what.....

THE BANK CALLED
wee.gif
But just left a message for me to call her back
idunno.gif
So, I did, & had to leave a message
barnie.gif

AM I HIRED OR NOT???
barnie.gif
(That's not the message I left
big_smile.png
) Anyways, she would not have called if I didn't get the job, right? Surely she would have just mailed a condolence & thanks for applying card. Right? She called at 8:55am.

fl.gif

Oh that sucks... Cold and smashing fingers... Look pretty sweet jem
yeah my fingers are throbbing up a storm..but kept me busy all day while @Sharps Big 50 was busy with his CDL training...I been brain storming I think I would like to add some wheels on the end something on a rod that can be slipped under the tractor and locked into place when I move it and then pulled up when not being moved... I am sure @Sharps Big 50 will have some extremely clever idea........

@Beer can whats going on with your black chickens?

I just pm'd her letting her know I have the $. She's been waiting to makesesure she gets the sex's right I guess. Haven't heard from her in a couple weeks, last I heard she said she was saving me a couple nice ones. I want a trio. She's not having very good luck getting the ones she wants, the naked necked ones, not getting many. I guess the NN gene is supposed to be dominant but she said something about her roo being "bowtied" and will only get like 50% of the ones she wants, not sure what bowtied means. I actually asked originally if I could get them in the spring and she was all right with that, but now I think I'll pick them up whenever she wants to let them go. I haven't got a confirmation notice from SandHill yet either, but the breeds I want are still labeled available on their website. They say your more likely to get what you want if youre flexible on the hatch dates, and they will not send them if they don't have all the breeds you request on the hatch date you select. So I circled all of them until the end of July, got my fingers crossed. The wife didn't like that I circled dates so early, we really don't want them in the house to long. But from what I've read on them they only hatch what they have
orders for and don't overhatch and kill like most hatcheries do, they get rid of extras through mix batch deals, really cheap in the fall but you don't know what your going to get.

@Beer can whats going on with your black chickens?

I just pm'd her letting her know I have the $. She's been waiting to makesesure she gets the sex's right I guess. Haven't heard from her in a couple weeks, last I heard she said she was saving me a couple nice ones. I want a trio. She's not having very good luck getting the ones she wants, the naked necked ones, not getting many. I guess the NN gene is supposed to be dominant but she said something about her roo being "bowtied" and will only get like 50% of the ones she wants, not sure what bowtied means. I actually asked originally if I could get them in the spring and she was all right with that, but now I think I'll pick them up whenever she wants to let them go. I haven't got a confirmation notice from SandHill yet either, but the breeds I want are still labeled available on their website. They say your more likely to get what you want if youre flexible on the hatch dates, and they will not send them if they don't have all the breeds you request on the hatch date you select. So I circled all of them until the end of July, got my fingers crossed. The wife didn't like that I circled dates so early, we really don't want them in the house to long. But from what I've read on them they only hatch what they have
orders for and don't overhatch and kill like most hatcheries do, they get rid of extras through mix batch deals, really cheap in the fall but you don't know what your going to get.
from my understanding the bowtied is the ruffle of feathers around the bottom of a naked neck.......can be with the bowtie or without the bowtie... personally I think the bowtie looks better..but I have a hard time liking the nacked neck look....sounds exciting I dont think I am familiar with sandhill :)

ok three more smashed fingers and I am really really done working on the tractor today lol besides it's getting dark......so my babys slept overnight in the henhouse for the first time last night.. I only visited them a few times as well..they seem to be doing great...and I started collecting eggs from violet to incubate

The only bonus I see to a naked neck chicken is it will be easier to cut their head off...
Showgirls are kind of cute though...

I need to fix my chicken tractor once snow melts, snow load my roof... I got to watch it snap... Bummer

Back
Top Bottom