Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    [​IMG] Morning.....or night....whatever it is where you are. 2:45am. I am dragging behind, tired this morning. I seem to be getting some sort of cold/sinus infection. Probably from stress and lack of sleep. Found out yesterday that on Sunday (which will be my 7th worked day) they put me down for a split shift. So I work only 8 hours, but will be there 7am-2pm then from 8pm-10pm. One hour lunch. Sunday sounds like a good day to call out sick!

@Alaskan , super exciting about your new chicks[​IMG] We need pictures!

Everyone have a great day! I gotta get coffee.

2. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper

Nov 3, 2010
    good morning everyone. Eggs going to lock down tonight. Due to hatch Friday Saturday and Sunday. Valentines Day chick! The final count on them this morning was 5 Swedish flowers look good all of my ohiki orp crosses and ohiki looks good and only two of the svart honas have survived this far.

3. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

open open oppen!

sooo any word on the job? fingers soo crossed here for you!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  4. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Yes Al, pics!

Minihorse, good luck with your hatch.

Here, the heat wave continues. +4C at the moment, and a lovely sunshine.

5. Amberjem

umm so what is that at F? and good morning speaking of which havent seen any pictures of the chicks lately so how is the potential rooster pullet outcome looking so far?

6. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

+4C is about 40F.

Just snapped a few pics for you. The two light ones that might be pullets do have suspiciously large combs too, but the wattles are less developed than on the darker definite boys. And the color is a bit lighter too in the suspected pullets.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Amberjem

8. Amberjem

my baby chicks are doing good so far in the henhouse this is their second night out there sleeping... went out to peek and they are frolicking round as the others are snoozing

9. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper

Nov 3, 2010
    Oh I also had to take my broody and put her onto her own cage. The other chocolate orps were deciding going broody was looking mighty good. Seperated them from her and they lose interest. I think they hear the chicks getting ready to hatch and they plan on robbing them from her. Stopped that scheme! She seems much happier now that she's being left alone. She should hatch tomorrow and friday!

10. Amberjem

so I am running out of hardware cloth........... I have some old rabbit hutch wire I thought I would use to finish off the tractor........think that will be a problem? it's fairly small spacing...dont really want to buy another roll of hardware cloth for like 4 feet of wire...it's alot stronger then chicken wire...and not to worried about predators eagles wont get em in the tractor...... haha or thru the metal roof

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by