Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

ya just more weight though..ohh hrmm have a couple scraps of that plastic coated hard board or whatever it is made out of might work...

2. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

ok gonna try to soak my bones and maybe a catnap...grumble whose idea was it to wake up at 3am sheesh

3. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper

Nov 3, 2010
    any size chicks
    They're like rats and mice, they can squeeze through anything!

4. Beer can

Beer can True BYC Addict

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    If your into growing open polinated heritage seeds http://www.sandhillpreservation.com/ has the largest selection I've ever saw and I probably get a dozen seed catalogs every yr. They must have thirty varieties of corn. Varieties I've never heard of. I've never heard of SandHill either, ordered chicks, now I'm thinking of ordering Glory of Enkhutzen cabbage and Yukon Supreme sweet corn  53 days.
    Most their seeds are organic. You have to request a free catalog to order, no ordering online but you can see what varities they have available online.

5. Beer can

Beer can True BYC Addict

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Make that over a 150 varieties of corn if you count sweet, dent, flint, and popcorn. They have one flour type corn they say grows such tight husks pests leave them alone eliminating the need for pesticides.

6. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

My ducks took 9 agh...

7. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Sam, any chocolate still left? How does it compare to the local stuff, any difference in sweetness?

8. hennible

[​IMG]
    That's Oso, the bantam roo
    [​IMG]
    Lola bantam as well
    [​IMG]
    Ducks got to swim yesterday
    [​IMG]
    My dec 4th babies

9. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Nice looking birds. The one on the shoulder has pretty long tail feathers.

10. hennible

It's not as sweet as the commercial bars, like say Mars bar, etc. but I buy a lot of Swiss and German chocolate, its like those, really good... I only ate three last night :D
    Makes me want to send you some of the BC chocolate I can get, it's all organic and really rich in cocoa content... Denman island chocolates... Good stuff.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by