Dixie Chicks

@Alaskan
re: The TJ chicks
I wanted to keep one, but in order to do that I would've had to have kept two. I'm keeping the Lt. Brahma x BLRW and the farmers market chick, plus I'm hoping for a Marans or two from Wednesday's 2-egg hatch. Not knowing if the Marans are going to hatch one or two or any, I had to hold back taking the BLRW chicks (4) to the swap meet in case I needed a companion chick for the Marans if a solo. Suddenly things were getting problematic as far as brooder space and cage space and age groups....plus the fact that realistically I have room for maybe 4-6 more in the coop. I may try again later when things get all sorted out and roos/pullets are determined and birds are older and I have more of an idea for picking and choosing, but the easiest thing was to free up the big brooder. Besides, 26 chicks make A LOT of noise and poop.
I hadn't realized what a luxury it was to have just a few chicks to maintain.

And I still want to add some blue-layers... Going for the rainbow basket.

Yep, I love everything about it up here.... except the weather... I hate the climate, just barf.

Man hen... that is annoying.  Barred chicks are supposed to be naturally sexable (read my awesome article about Dominiques, with pictures, on my blog :D )  I guess you have crazy dark roosters because it is now a mix???  I have no idea how that all works.  :idunno

ACK!  You sold them all???   For some reason I thought that you were going to keep them.... uh, I guess in some brand new second coop that was going to fall out of the sky.  :idunno

I wonder why in the world that happened!!  :eek:   I hope she gets better.

Over the last two decades we learned to laugh it off. We were not laughing while living it.

yep... SOOO much funnier after it is all over 

Nah, I still can't laugh yet... froze my backside off last night... stayed up to keep the fire going so Jim could sleep... ugh... glad my heat is back, just sucked that it picked our coldest friggin' night to take a dump...

I soooo could not live where you are, lol...

Huh? Tried twice to quote you, don't see anything, guess i'll havta do it the old fashioned way!
"I lost my post, dang tablet acting up again. Now, I've forgotten what I wrote. LOL" tntchix.

I think BYC is the worst for my phone, I can watch Netflix and you tube, check out any web site, get on BYC and have a post 3/4 wrote out and BAM! phone starts vibrating, froze up, lose it all because I have to shut it off to get it to work again, anyone else have that problem?

Huh? Tried twice to quote you, don't see anything, guess i'll havta do it the old fashioned way!
"I lost my post, dang tablet acting up again. Now, I've forgotten what I wrote. LOL" tntchix.

I think BYC is the worst for my phone, I can watch Netflix and you tube, check out any web site, get on BYC and have a post 3/4 wrote out and BAM! phone starts vibrating, froze up, lose it all because I have to shut it off to get it to work again, anyone else have that problem? 

Yep!! Or multi-quoting when trying to catch up and it drops it all and then can't remember where you started from... BYC is NOT phone friendly...

Back
Top Bottom