Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. I lost my post, dang tablet acting up again. Now, I've forgotten what I wrote. LOL

2. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

I hate that

3. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Peep_Show

Peep_Show Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2010
    Corrales, NM
    @Alaskan
    re: The TJ chicks
    I wanted to keep one, but in order to do that I would've had to have kept two. I'm keeping the Lt. Brahma x BLRW and the farmers market chick, plus I'm hoping for a Marans or two from Wednesday's 2-egg hatch. Not knowing if the Marans are going to hatch one or two or any, I had to hold back taking the BLRW chicks (4) to the swap meet in case I needed a companion chick for the Marans if a solo. Suddenly things were getting problematic as far as brooder space and cage space and age groups....plus the fact that realistically I have room for maybe 4-6 more in the coop. I may try again later when things get all sorted out and roos/pullets are determined and birds are older and I have more of an idea for picking and choosing, but the easiest thing was to free up the big brooder. Besides, 26 chicks make A LOT of noise and poop.
    I hadn't realized what a luxury it was to have just a few chicks to maintain.

And I still want to add some blue-layers... Going for the rainbow basket.

5. ApiaryandAviary

ApiaryandAviary Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2014
    Over the last two decades we learned to laugh it off. We were not laughing while living it.

6. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

yep... SOOO much funnier after it is all over

7. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    I LOVE your cinder block beds!!!
    That is some A1 quality work!!! Looks awesome!!!

8. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Nah, I still can't laugh yet... froze my backside off last night... stayed up to keep the fire going so Jim could sleep... ugh... glad my heat is back, just sucked that it picked our coldest friggin' night to take a dump...

I soooo could not live where you are, lol...

9. Beer can

Beer can Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Huh? Tried twice to quote you, don't see anything, guess i'll havta do it the old fashioned way!
    "I lost my post, dang tablet acting up again. Now, I've forgotten what I wrote. LOL" tntchix.

I think BYC is the worst for my phone, I can watch Netflix and you tube, check out any web site, get on BYC and have a post 3/4 wrote out and BAM! phone starts vibrating, froze up, lose it all because I have to shut it off to get it to work again, anyone else have that problem?

10. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Yep!! Or multi-quoting when trying to catch up and it drops it all and then can't remember where you started from... BYC is NOT phone friendly...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by