Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    @Amberjem , Chicken tractor looks great! Birds look happy also!

@RavynFallen , Do an online search for golden malrin-raccoons. I think it's actually illegal to use for raccoons. Not saying I used this method as it is illegal around here. Just saying you may want to check it out. Crazy that the state is OK with raccoons slaughtering my chickens, but I can't do the same to them....?

The weather is nuts here. I am going to get a little rest. Little girl is off school tomorrow. Mommy- daughter day for us. My last post on here was over 19 hours ago. I had been up for almost an hour before I posted that and I haven't been to bed since. Good night/ good morning everyone. Happy President's Day!

2. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Yep. I hate when it buzzes. Takes like 10 mins to re-up

3. Beer can

Beer can Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Just worked a 16hr shift on double time [​IMG]! Been celebrating with some beers, and popcorn [​IMG] with extra butter, little parmesan cheese, and some cayenne pepper powder mmm good!
    Time to watch some Netflix and sip on a couple more beers, watching the series Outcasts, not bad, but not as good as Firefly, or The 100 (waiting for the second season).

Hard to believe the chickens are still alive, been 0 with 20-40 below wind chill for two days and tonight, just went to fill our outside wood boiler and had snotcicles! Wife said no eggs today, huh wonder why? They say polish chickens are not hardy, well if the one we have survives this winter I think they wrong! Doing good so far.

4. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    @Outpost JWB thanks, I'll look that up... it is possums, though, will that still work?
    Oh, here in TN we are allowed to defend our livestock (poultry is included) with deadly force if needed, even against loose domestic animals... the only things we aren't allowed to touch are endangered species (which includes all raptors)...

5. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    BC: watch "east bound and down". Super funny. I give it 3 thumbs up

6. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Tough Polish, lol...
    No EE, Sulmtaler, or Araucana eggs... but my JG's and CCL pullet are still laying like champs, lol... and my black Am's decided to squat now! I think my birds are crazy... :D

7. Beer can

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    You have three fumbs? Lol! Been drinking these Awesome scotch beer full of flavor!

My EE are my most consistent layers this cold hard winter, the wellie is surprising me now that she has started, at least every other day, the brownleghorns that are supposed to be eggcelent layers were tops and threw me quite a few 86+oz (oops I mean grams Lol!) double yolkers have takin a siesta?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  8. Beer can

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    I'll check out "east bound and down". next time, got to watch the boob tube and get some zzz's be up for 24 at 4 and it is 12:43, night y'all!

9. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

thanks finally finished layering the last two cinder block beds..planted some onion and garlic in it.......I'm pretty happy how the tractor turned out did it all myself except the top door...I am thoroughly beat now been going going all week I have nothing left in the tank....so much more to yank out with the ivy sighs..and I am starting to feel like a bulb fairy I'm depositing lil clumps of bulbs here there and everywhere lol

10. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]
    these are the rose cuttings I propagated last year well a couple of them..took them out of the greenhouse to get use to outside...
    the min rose bush I propagated last spring

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by