Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. bamachicks8

bamachicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

My dh shocked me the other day. He said if the neighbors weren't so close he would build several breeding pens and another coop. As it stands we can't even have roosters. Sigh one day I will have my farm.

2. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

YAY!!! So glad she got there in one piece!! :D

Sally is a fine name!!

3. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

lol... I went with the smaller coop, then showed him pics of other chickens... we know have 3 large coops, 2 small ones and more large ones planned as soon as it warms up... :D

No Roos? :(
    I could not live without my Roos... our nearest neighbor is Jim's cousin and his wife... cousin thinks the roos are a part of the country, his wife thinks they're annoying... we need more roos, lol... ;)

4. bamachicks8

Ours is a 12x7 with 17x38 run it's currently only housing 4 hens but I have 8 chantecler that will soon be old enough plus whatever hatches out of the 16 eggs in the dishwasher so not anymore room for chicken math. :-( If only I could add some ducks....

5. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Ummm... eggs in the dishwasher???

Jim said no ducks... too messy... :(

6. bamachicks8

@RavynFallen at least I can take any hens I want to breed to my mils house and let them mate with with her roos. Roos are so beautiful er handsome. Tried to talk dh into a no Crow collar...he wasn't convinced.

7. bamachicks8

Yep it's a dishwasher bator dh made it for me. This is my first hatch in it or attempt at a hatch.

Dh doesn't care about mess level since I do all the animal chores just worried about noise level.

8. JulesChicks

JulesChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

x2 on the dishwasher?

Mine said the same about ducks...

@bamachicks8 Please tell me about your Chantecler...I'm on a list for chicks locally in March/April. What do you think of the breed?

9. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Aha!! Dishbator!! lol

No crow collars just lessen the crow, no eliminate it...
    Ah... don't tell him that half my hens make more noise than all my roos... ;)

10. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

chickens have been enjoying their sprouts
    [​IMG]
    giving them sprouted boss once or twice a week..want to get some different seed and sprout it for them also might do flax...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by