Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Nice sprouts, Jem... I've done wheat, no mold and easy... wanna try rye if I can find it...

2. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper

Nov 3, 2010
    awww, if you keep clean shavings, and a dry area, ducks aren't too bad!

3. minihorse927

Nov 3, 2010
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Anconas

4. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Ducks aren't too bad.... If you like mud, hate grass, enjoy sticky duck pools. Think dabble holes are Charming, can handle odd animal bits :sick and enjoy very random loud noises... I love my ducks! One of the 9 eggs fizzled out today... So 8 still going, can't wait for the ducklings to hatch.

5. minihorse927

Nov 3, 2010
    hey, don't mention all that! I'm trying to enable more people to get ducks!

6. hennible

Lovely!
    True there not messy in the coop, not compared to chickens, if you keep the water out of the coop

7. bamachicks8

bamachicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

@JulesChicks I've only had them for a couple of weeks. My two older ones (4 months) are a tad uncertain but overall sweet. My babies (3.5 weeks) are super sweet and love to eat from my hand. Had they not been free I wouldn't have got them but that's because so many white chickens in a flock just seems so boring to me. They definitely stand out though.

8. minihorse927

Nov 3, 2010
    the ducks that are locked up in the barn have a 3 gallon bucket to drink and wash in this winter and they're doing fine without making a huge mess. The shavings are a little wet right around the bucket but that's it.

9. bamachicks8

bamachicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

So cute!

I love mud and hate grass... sign me up. We joked about fencing in the yard and filling it full of chickens so we would never have to cut grass.
    Sorry about the egg :hugs

1 person likes this.
  10. hennible

I think I have a 5 gallon heated bucket, it wasn't too messy before I moved it, like you said just wet around the bucket, but I had to move the bucket because they share their housing with chickens right now and humidity was just too high. It's less messy now, but when the ducks have their own space I wont mind that mess at all.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by