Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    I'd take frozen and cracked over empty boxes any day, lol!!
    Those are some stellar girls you've got there... ;)
    Even my Jersey Giants who just started laying consistently came to a full and complete stop... I think it's a strike since they blame me for the ice storm... :/

2. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

man... I fist thought that those tiny chicks were QUAIL! those are small!

I would be scared that I would mistake them for dust bunnies....small ones.
    I feed pullet grower, and maybe every 6th bag, toss in a bag of Layer. I am just scared of too much calcium killing off my roosters.....

I don't know about flock raiser, ... I think I have seen it once in the stores, but the blasted feed bags don't tell me just how much calcium they each have, so I am not really sure what I am buying.

I might as well just pick up any old thing......

Yeah, I am supposed to be gathering up eggs to sell....blasted girls are barely putting out. [​IMG]

3. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

For what its worth you can look up feed tags online.... if its a name brand like Flock Raiser Purena has comprehensive information on their site.

I used it when i was looking up Mazuri. when I found out I could buy it by the bag at my feed store and not have to pay shipping charges.

Love living in a town that has a bunch of people raising animals for the Zoo.

deb

4. Alaskan

it is from Alaska Mill and Feed... only choice at the feed stores where I am

Actually, I buy the feed at the grocery store. [​IMG] small town and all that.

5. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Now the theme to Northern Exposure started playing in my head again

6. Alaskan

yep......

cool TV show

7. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Cold too.

8. Alaskan

I rewatched the pilot just a bit ago..... super funny

9. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

I watched the first two season a while back, it's not half bad. The clothing though... The nineties was an "interesting" time. I can't understand how it's starting to come back. A man wearing a fully buttoned shirt with a necklace on top just looks stupid.

10. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

umm I got gladiolus, iris, mexican shellflower, lilys , oh buncha strawberry crowns n stuff I cant rememebr lol

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by