Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

That's awesome. I wish they had feed at the grocery store... One stop is handy.

2. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

This is the time of year where Costco trip get dangerous for me, they have these great collections of bulbs. But I need to focus on what I have rather than adding more... Can't wait to see my Lilly's... I have 12 or so varieties, their my favourite flower.

3. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

We've got some sort of tulips in the yard. It will be interesting to see how they plop up. We moved the bulbs into their current position in fall, I have no idea what they really were. Also, while I'm not really a flower person, we got some poppy seeds last weekend. Those will be interesting to plant too. Other than that, I think we will be focusing on edibles mostly.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  4. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

The soil here apparently messes with tulips though, I was talking to our neighbor last year, and she says her tulips that she planted have changed color a lot. She has these amazing deep, purple colored ones in one spot, I don't remember what their original color was, but she said they've drifted towards the purple color on their own, gradually turning a slightly different shade each year.

5. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

6. I have asiatic lilies in my yard. They stand nice and tall, no drooping...and I don't kill them. LOL

Tulips are my favorite but for some reason, I have none.

7. The youngest is dragging me out into the freezing cold...HELP ME!!![​IMG] I don't wanna get groceries...........................nooooooooooooooooooooooo[​IMG]

bbl hopefully

8. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

I'm not really a huge fan of tulips, but since they're among the first flowers to plop up, they're a nice sign of spring.

9. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

huh.... I thought the clothing on the show was normal

10. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Chicken Obsessed

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    I love spring bulbs. Grape & regular Hyacinths, tulips. First blast of color in usually the gray brown back drop of winter kill. But they never last long enough...and the squirrels love to dig up my bulbs. I haven't had much success with them lately.

I do grow some ginormous Bleeding heart bushes though. Chicken feet are hard on those, however.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by