Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Afternoon, everyone!

@Mahen100 & @JulesChicks Nah, not those bridges, lol... though I love Deception Pass and that drive! Don't think they painted the bridges often, they put that off as long as possible, lol...
    Small bridge, think we called it Memorial Bridge? W Division St, goes over the bridge and becomes Memorial Hwy... that bridge terrified me as a kid, one extremely narrow sidewalk on one side... walking across it was always a test in bravery...

ETA: These are 20 yr old memories, lol...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  2. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Jules, some sort of injuries are inevitable, but preparing for them in advance makes them more of a little nuisance than an actual problem.

3. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

bridge in mt avernon fell doqwn year or aso ago

4. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

5. Mahen100

Mahen100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2012
    Ellendale, TN
    Pretty, pretty pretty! Are they pullet eggs? If so, the hen laying the one on the right is going to have whoopers. My smallest EE lays the biggest blue egg. My big EE lays a nice blue egg too, just not quite as big...but the yoke is huge inside, with just a rim of white. Yummy.

6. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    That does not surprise me! It was one heck of a scary bridge, think that's why I remember it over all the bridges there, lol...
    Nice eggs, Jem! My black Am just started laying!! And for some reason I can't post pics... :/ Edited cus Ai kaint spill...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  7. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    I do have australorps and those girls give me giant eggs! My internet was down all day yesterday and just kicked back up. Neighbor's has been down as well even though we have different providers.....? Winds, cold, ice, snow, nasty weather.

x2 on the winter issues with freezing and/ or no eggs proplems[​IMG]

Today (FINALLY) the rabbit ripped her fur out and popped out 5 little gray babies that look like rats. She is not a cuddling type mama. She flopped them out and ran away from them like she thinks they are monsters or something. I know they only feed their babies twice a day, so I'll just keep an eye on them. I have them in the house, in the laundry room now. With below freezing temps, I don't want to take any chances.

8. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    :frow @Outpost JWB

How's everyone doing?

9. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

lmao on the new mama... Is this a first litter for her?

10. Mahen100

Mahen100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2012
    Ellendale, TN

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by