Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

friend of mine texted me that pic the other day.....i've noticed a trend for my r/l friends to send me chicken stuff more n more lately lol wonder if it's the second batch of eggs incubating? :p

2. Amberjem

[​IMG]

3. do people really walk their chickens? LOL

4. Amberjem

why not lol :p I walk mine around the yard but it's moree like follow the leader lol

5. Mahen100

Mahen100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2012
    Ellendale, TN
    JWB, about the skin cancers, you don't necessarily ever have to have another one. I have come to view them like finding I have a new cavity at the dentist. If he finds one, I have it taken care of. I go to the dentist regularly so he can look for cavities before they are problematic, and have them fixed. It is just scary because of the big C word. In truth, it is the "other" skin cancer I have never had, and never want, that is so serious...melanoma. But now that I have had all these basal cell and squamous cell cancers removed, something even tiny that is dark and bleeds and doesn't heal, will send me flying to the dermatologist, and even if I should develop a melanoma, I will catch it in time so that it doesn't kill me. ;)

6. Mahen100

Mahen100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2012
    Ellendale, TN
    Jem, that looks for all the world like spring. Is it some flowering fruit? Pear?

7. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

I like to air out the house using the fan in the stove vent. It has a pretty effective roof mounted fan, I just put it on max and open a few windows in the other end of the house for a few minutes, and you get fresh air. Of course, the ventilation system could be set on max too, but the control unit is in the attic, so I don't mess around with that too often. I really should install a second control unit for that one.

8. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

I'd love to have a fresh air exchange system in the house those are nice... But an open window works pretty **** well

9. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Oops potty mouth

10. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

We don't have AC, just the air exchanger, but it works pretty great. It has a cool heat capturing system built in, sort of this huge rotating honey comb structure that the air is pushed through, it collects the heat from the exiting air and warms up the incoming air. You do need to remember to change filters every now and then though. I was pretty disgusted when I did that the first time.

During the year and a half we've lived here, I've only wanted an AC for about 2 weeks. So I don't think we really need it. And a month of above 30C weather is not very common around here, it took the first two weeks for the house to warm up to uncomfortable levels.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by