Dixie Chicks

I am afraid to cheer for Flappy now, lol... Hope it keeps going well for you...

English isn't too bad, it's the butchery of a language that we Americans came up with that is terrible, lol... our slang is horrendous... I talked to my Aussie friend on the phone and I spent more time explaining what I was saying than really talking, lol...

Oh, those Aussies have their weird words too. And then the British Cockney rhyming thing that's done in Australia too is super weird. Like being in Barney means Being in trouble, because Barney Rubble rhymes with trouble. Impossible to follow.

Oh, like I said yesterday, the peas started sprouting, and this morning the wheat seems to be developing too. The oat seems to be the slowest one of the bunch, but I think it might be starting too. It's now been 48 hours.

And a sign of the days getting longer on our windowsill. Last spring I started three avocado stones in glasses of water, out of those, one made it into a plant. I kept it outside most of the summer, it developed about 6-7 inch long leaves and it grew to almost a foot tall, but it suffered a bit when we got heavy rains and I drowned, so it dropped all leaves but one. During fall and winter, even that fell off, and the top half of the plant is slowly dying, but now, much to Karin's dismay, it's showing signs of waking up. I see the starts of new leaves on the bottom part of the stem, and there's a two inch tall new shoot growing from the soil. This is going to be one ugly plant.

She ordered from hatchery. I just happened to have the right timing to get in on the order.
1f601.png
1f609.png

My first laying hens were part of an order that was a combination of "mini" orders from various people. Each year when I get Cornish X meaties, I split an order so we can all get the cheaper "quantity" price instead of the minimum order price. Did you get pullets?
I can never get the @ thingy to work like it does for everyone else
sad.png

@JW12 I had problem with this at first. On my computer (don't have a fancy phone, just one that makes phone calls....imagine that!), I have to hold the shift key down and push the @ and continue holding the shift key down start typing the name of the person you want. No space between the @ and name. A list will drop down with BYC member names and you can click on the one you want while continuing to hold the shift key down. The @ and the name should be blue if you did it right. Don't be afraid to ask again if you have a problem making it work.

so like two days ago I thought I saw dotty squating.. I havent seen it since and was just out of the corner of my eye.. anywys I looked at her and this morning her comb and even the skin around here eyes are bright vivid red now.........correct me if I am wrong but isnt that indications of a pullet about to start laying?

Yep, bright red means she's getting ready to lay! Maybe @Sharps Big 50 scared her with the chicken dinner talk!

Quote:
Queens Anne's Lace is always white here in Illinois....and we have a lot of it! The is a yarrow that has a similar shape that is yellow.
Shalom. Flappy is still alive after the night, the chicks seem to be fine with him or her, but Virpi the mommy doesn't really like him/her anymore. Flappy mostly seems to avoid the others for now, in a couple of days he'll/she'll probably be a part of the family again.

(English really needs to develop a gender neutral way to address someone. The Finnish "Hän" is a bit confusing, since Finnish has no separate words for him or her, but Swedish incorporated the gender neutral "hen" about ten years ago to be used instead of "han" (him) and "hon" (her), it's actually starting to be used in the language by now.)

That would be "Hey, You" in American-English

Yeah, it's a bit tough to follow, but pretty fun. One accent I really like too is the Minnesotan accent. It sounds like a person speaking it couldn't hurt a fly.

That is because Minnesotans talk like Canadians.
wink.png

I can never get the @ thingy to work like it does for everyone else :(

There's button...otherwise I could never do it.
@NotAFarm
Straight run she said. Think the hatchery charges more for sexing. I'm good with that though...just need one puller.

Morning all. Sending warm thoughts to all those that are cold.
1f64b.png
off to yoga...hooray for a day off!!

Back
Top Bottom