Dixie Chicks

I will add the eggs that we eat and from what everyone else says only stay around two weeks at the most before they are eaten. So I don't know how long they would last in the fridge fixed like that.

Me personally I wouldn't eat anything that has been sitting around for months. Blech!

This is for a bird that is sick I would use the other way for birds that are for dinner.    This way if you have a sick bird you arent potentially contaminating your regular dispatching tools.

deb
Thank for explaining that. What tools do you recommend. I have chickens for the eggs. Getting into Bresse for the meat. I have not killed for the meat so far. You sound experienced with this and asked about the tools. Still glad I am not a chicken.

images

Greetings All! We are in the middle of the Winter Storm they have been forecasting.....and for once they got the numbers right. We have about 8 inches on the ground and it is still snowing. I updated my avatar with a current pic of the sign. Snow is sticking to everything and is cool looking but I hope we don't suffer losses of trees or shrubs from it.
Sorry for the photo bomb....
Side yard with clothes line:

Close-up of clothesline:

Front yard winter wonderland:

Back winter wonderland:

Snow covered Hickory:

images
Greetings All! We are in the middle of the Winter Storm they have been forecasting.....and for once they got the numbers right. We have about 8 inches on the ground and it is still snowing. I updated my avatar with a current pic of the sign. Snow is sticking to everything and is cool looking but I hope we don't suffer losses of trees or shrubs from it. Sorry for the photo bomb.... Side yard with clothes line: Close-up of clothesline: Front yard winter wonderland: Back winter wonderland: Snow covered Hickory:
Awesome pics! Stay safe and warm! That's go for everyone dealing with this.

@JW12

With eggs done like that (with mineral oil) does the air cell stay smaller longer?

Seems like it does. The longest I have kept them done that way is about 4 or 5 weeks.

The duck eggs I give to a lady and her family that works for me.... They have a skelter and don't refrigerate and she has used them at about 7 weeks and no problems. Her son is allergic to chicken eggs but he can eat the duck eggs. They had been paying as much as $6 a dozen. I just give them away because I can't use as many as the ducks lay.

Back
Top Bottom