Dixie Chicks

Mini, those ducklings are adorable, nice pic too!

TNT, that should work good, maybe drill some "air holes" in the sides too?

Here is the front of the TV cabinet I modified and posted the "outside" earlier...going to a covered run. Here is the patio side:

It was a bad day for my friends, the local crow family. I recalled having just posted about their alarms when I was outside today with the two new chicks. I heard alarm crowing, and located maybe 4 or 5 crows swooping around a nest in a tall tree maybe 1/4 mile from my yard. Suddenly, a LARGE brown bird with white chest...probalby a hawk. arose from the nest and was chased by two of the crows. I watched a long time... saw some coming and going from the crow's nest...then nothing. I wonder if there were nestlings...and if any survived? I have not seen any crows the rest of the day, and it has been really quiet. I assume it was a hawk, but was not close enough to tell. :rolleyes:

It was a bad day for my friends, the local crow family. I recalled having just posted about their alarms when I was outside today with the two new chicks. I heard alarm crowing, and located maybe 4 or 5 crows swooping around a nest in a tall tree maybe 1/4 mile from my yard. Suddenly, a LARGE brown bird with white chest...probalby a hawk. arose from the nest and was chased by two of the crows. I watched a long time... saw some coming and going from the crow's nest...then nothing. I wonder if there were nestlings...and if any survived? I have not seen any crows the rest of the day, and it has been really quiet. I assume it was a hawk, but was not close enough to tell.
roll.png
ep.gif

Hi back at you Amberjem. I can't do the emoticons in the phone.

I've got 14 of Bamadudes eggs on for hatching for the Easter Hatch Along. Really eating to see the Brahma cross eggs.

I have a total of 112 eggs on.

Last edited:
:ya  sweet how exciting :)  what else do you have cooking?

From ladycat: olive Eggers, some Marans not sure what variety, and either EE or Ameraucana, some NN/Golden Comet cross, some Aloha,a and NN/Aloha cross ( see aloha chicken thread), and some from my own flicks if EE and NN, and a few BJG crosses to the green Eggers hens ( crossbred EE).

Last edited:
I've got two of those in my living room! Lol

I'm incredibly cheap... On my second set of free furniture...

me too...

spouse doesn't like our dining room table, but it was FREE!!!

free is good = reuse
We bought a nice big table, Ashley Furniture, expensive. One spot the lamanite top is slighty bubbled up, not to happy. Then we noticed you could read all the kids homework, their writing indented into the table. Then I walked into the dining room one day and the 11yr old was cleaning a area of it, I asked her what she was doing, I spilt nail polish she says, WHAT ARE YOU CLEANING IT WITH! nail polish remover.
Now there is a six inch circle with no finish. And of course permanent marker here and there, and noone is allowed to have permanent markers. They all claim they didn't do it. The three yr olds name is wrote on one of the chairs, she says she didn't do it. Hmm, sure does look like her handwriting.
I have a fancy farm table that has a pine top. You can every spelling list, math problem, grocery list, and yes nail polish spill. I wouldn't trade it for the world. So many memories are contained in those scribbles, even the sharpie and glitter glue. Now the fabric on the seats is an entirely different story. Ick. Time to reupholster for sure.
yep.. famous last words...

I love it when the kids carve their initials into my woodwork... and then say they didn't do it... or when the one kid wrote his initial, in permanent marker all over the inside of the car....

Like really? Who else would have done it?

They are smart kids... but sometimes really stupid.

I'll never forget when the permanent marker kid was surprised that I knew it was him.
roll.png

And yes, I might have 5 kids, but they all have names that start with a different letter.
lau.gif

Mini, those ducklings are adorable, nice pic too!

TNT, that should work good, maybe drill some "air holes" in the sides too?

Here is the front of the TV cabinet I modified and posted the "outside" earlier...going to a covered run. Here is the patio side:

Thanks for the tip! You should post that on this thread. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...need-your-help-contest-details-and-discussion

Hi back at you Amberjem. I can't do the emoticons in the phone.

I've got 14 of Bamadudes eggs on for hatching for the Easter Hatch Along. Really eating to see the Brahma cross eggs.

I have a total of 112 eggs on.

ep.gif
good luck with all those eggs, draye

blue laced red wyandotte
cutesies!

Back
Top Bottom