Dixie Chicks

I think someone feels better. Put her back out with the rest of the grow outs. She was sitting there looking at her feet when I came back in the house.
wee.gif
this is awesome! Glad she recovered!!!!

Haha!!

Good morning everyone, well everyone here is still accounted for this morning. I doubt the Ancona babies are coming out of the chicken coop for now, they all huddle together and hide.

However the young Cayuga's I have finally discovered the ramp that leads into shelter, only took them 3 days. In other words they learned that they have almost double the space they thought they had. (those 8 have a chicken tractor for quarantine) However the chicken tractor sits on a big sheet of plywood so nothing can dig in.
Those 8 had a shower under the garden hose last night which they really enjoyed!

Minihorse, sorry you don't feel good. I'm just tired. And I have 2 interviews today.
We had one of those gi-hugant thunder storms last night (3am). At least I've had my morning laugh with those pictures!

Minihorse, sorry you don't feel good.  I'm just tired.  And I have 2 interviews today. 
We had one of those gi-hugant thunder storms last night (3am).  At least I've had my morning laugh with those pictures!
I've got one of those huge storms moving in now. It's rumbling the house!

Quote:
31 more... final count of this massacre is 46...

Lost an entire line of Black Split Am's and 2 varieties of OEGB's...

Dog ripped apart 2x4 welded wire and finished off the entire pen...

Both dogs are being picked up in the morning...

Dang! That is why I really hate dogs! The blasted things are so absolutely terrible!

It is why @seminolewind it boggles my mind that you have such old chickens! I have never gotten a chicken to reach any age older than 3! I am hoping though, with my new set-up, that I will finally be able to get some chickens into their older years.

I had one neighborhood dog come after my chickens a few times, the first couple of times he came over he "only" killed 2 or 3 each time. the third time he came over he killed every single chicken that I had (over 40), at which point I threw a fit. The owners set the dog to the pound.

Whatever.... I have nothing fancy.... but I did just hatch out some black LF pips and peeps Ameraucana..... so by next spring when they start laying, I could send you eggs from those. Should be good ones since Pips and Peeps has a very good reputation.

Other than that I am trying to increase my bantam wheaten Ameraucana... we shall see how those do, if they look OK, I could you send you those too... my current pair has issues.. more dead in shell than is normal, and they tend to throw chicks with a slightly arched beak. I am hoping that some of the chicks that I have hatched might have better genetics than my current pair. sigh, sigh, and triple sigh.

My other options (think of it as your freebie egg choice list) I have the d'anvers that I got this year... we will have to see colors in a month, but by next spring there should be a decent choice since I have 10 chicks and then some more eggs in the incubator.

I also have my fancy leghorns. I am right now raising up a bunch and going to select my new rose comb rooster from this bunch, dark brown.

I am going to keep rose comb dark brown girls, maybe a few single comb ones, and then also white rose comb, and white single comb. However, I can easily shift them around when it is time to gather eggs, so that you only get rose comb eggs, if you want to make sure that you get homozygous for rose comb.

And I also have my Dominiques.... but I hve a horrid feeling that my Dom rooster is heterozygous for rose comb... and they aren't fancy.

Said it's been an intermittent problem with the diesel cruze. Supposedly this update fixes it.

THAT is one big reason why I just HATE computer cars. The stupid blasted things deciding that they should shut off because they of course know what is best!!!!

Hate that!

Quote:
It is super scary how good dogs are at pulling apart almost any kind of fencing... if they really want to get through.

Where's @Alaskan I heard you had a 5.8 quake today!

I am actually currently down south WAHAHAHAHAHA!

I am SUPER happy temperature wise! It is so wonderful! I am warm all day and all night!

I am a little cool right now
sad.png
because my parent's AC just kicked on... and they have it set at 77. blach

Luckily the AC in their car just quit.
big_smile.png

And for some reason I tend to totally not notice the quakes... even when I am there... we had a 6.something a few weeks back, I was sure I would have felt that one, but nope.

Minihorse, sorry you don't feel good. I'm just tired. And I have 2 interviews today.
We had one of those gi-hugant thunder storms last night (3am). At least I've had my morning laugh with those pictures!

So sorry mini! Not getting to enjoy your day off sucks!

Back
Top Bottom