Dixie Chicks

That's not it. I finally found something on FB. I think it us something someone us trying to get going and make a bit of money off it.

$5.00 will get you a paper with the chickens name and I suppose the parents if that chicken. It just says hen: ___________
rooster:_____________
You need a picture of the chicken that will be put on the paper and must meet the breed standard description.

Not for me since I'm cross ring my Nsked Necks to everything I can find right now. I just make NN's.

Thanks to all that answered.

Someone tried that a few years back for a Grade Horse registry. Grade Horse is a horse with unknown lineage.... youre right its a way to make a buck.

deb

Morning all, not going to back read just yet.

I went fishing for the very first time yesterday morning. One of my co-worker is always out hunting or fishing, so he took me along. In 4 hours we had ~10 fish in the boat, including our 2 allowed keepers. We went for Lake Trout and figure our second one is ~15/16 lbs!! Me and my small figure had a hard time keeping that fishing rod out of the water...
big_smile.png
awesome :)

wait till it all changes to blue.... and they can change color depending on their mood....

deb
I know he is turning blue at times...thats why I like talking to him he does all kinda interesting stuff as he listens turns blue red, washed out long short snood lol he's endlessly amusing
gig.gif
lol as I said endlessly amusing

so whats your involvement in it?

Nothing at all.

I was just checking to see if anyone else had heard of it.
It looks to me like them are just getting it set up and start trying to register chickens.
It says on the site for show chickens or something in that order.

I only posted the link so you folks can take a look at it and give your thoughts.

I'm not one for registering any kind if animal in a group registry and have to pay for it. To me the breeder should be the keeper if records on their own stock/flick whatever you call your group of animals.
These type things got started trying to keep unscrupulous people honest, but even then you can always do that. They since started making you do blood testing ( even more fees and such) to prove linage. I just don't feel the need fir all that nonsense.

Nothing at all.

I was just checking to see if anyone else had heard of it.
It looks to me like them are just getting it set up and start trying to register chickens.
It says on the site for show chickens or something in that order.

I only posted the link so you folks can take a look at it and give your thoughts.

I'm not one for registering any kind if animal in a group registry and have to pay for it. To me the breeder should be the keeper if records on their own stock/flick whatever you call your group of animals.
These type things got started trying to keep unscrupulous people honest, but even then you can always do that. They since started making you do blood testing ( even more fees and such) to prove linage. I just don't feel the need fir all that nonsense.
got to find more ways to profiteer

though I supose it has advatanges of lineage being followed and perhaps even if a line gets wiped out to recover the gentics thru another source

I grew up in Germany, plus it's not something my parents were ever interested in. They think meat comes from the store
wink.png
. Those few times I have mentioned around them that I am considering eating some of my animals, they just say "murder"
th.gif

Your german family and my german ancestors were SO OPPOSITE! My grandparents taught me the concept of: if you can't eat it, then don't grow it. LOL! DH was super excited to meet a woman that baits her own hook, takes the fish off the hook, cleans it & cooks it up! I thought all woman did that......

Back
Top Bottom