Dixie Chicks

so does anyone do anything special with their chickens to have then do something?
@NotAFarm
@Peep_Show @Razadia @minihorse927 @bamadude @perchie.girl @Cold Canadian @AviaryandApiary @LocalYokel @sourland @getaclue @Austinspoultry
@1kluckychik @BBQJOE @CanuckBock

@BriardChickens

@Alaskan @RavynFallen @vehve @hennible @Beer can

This new bunch comes running when I say 'babies' lol
And the ducks go back to the coop when I say 'go home ducks' with a bit of help from my dog. But I didn't give them treats or anything to train them...

Anyone compulsive make chicken sounds while starring into the incubator?
1f413.png

I love that pic of @Outpost JWB dont you think they might grow more? I know they are slower growers or thought they were?
Quote: Mine are slowly getting bigger, but you'd think they'd be fully grown by a year old. I honestly don't think they're going to get a big as my Chantecler and Buckeye hens.

so does anyone do anything special with their chickens to have then do something?
@NotAFarm
@Peep_Show @Razadia @minihorse927 @bamadude @perchie.girl @Cold Canadian @AviaryandApiary @LocalYokel @sourland @getaclue @Austinspoultry

@BriardChickens

I take chickweed to my chickens so I can get in my pens.
lol.png

I saw one like that on Internet.You punch in the kind of bird,and it sets temp and humidity.You also can pick the # of times they will be turned and it will shut off when its time to hatch

@NotAFarm

@BriardChickens

Lets see....

Guineas = walking burglar, predator, something out of place... alarm. dine on bugs, snakes and mice. Entertainment for horse and myself. Keet hatching egg sales. Eggs for art

Sumatras = Broodies... Cool looking and hearty enough to free range with the Guineas... Good fliers Lay enough of their own eggs to keep the sumatra flock up

Welsummers = Eggs and meat Eggs for art

Turkeys = wild style total entertainment Maybe Eggs for art.

Feathers from all for Art

deb

@NotAFarm

@BriardChickens

If I want one of my hens to go broody, I will collect the eggs each day but will replace the eggs with extra golfballs or fake eggs to gradually make a nice nest full. The girls usually can not resist a nest full of eggs. Once I know someone is serious, I give them some of the collected, or sometimes special, eggs to hatch.

I call my rooster, Audun. He knows when I call, I have treats. I always let him be the one to give the first treats to the girls. Then I'll throw the treats out to the flock.

Jem, Good to see you at the Hatchalong! What'ca hatchin'?

If I want one of my hens to go broody, I will collect the eggs each day but will replace the eggs with extra golfballs or fake eggs to gradually make a nice nest full. The girls usually can not resist a nest full of eggs. Once I know someone is serious, I give them some of the collected, or sometimes special, eggs to hatch.

I call my rooster, Audun. He knows when I call, I have treats. I always let him be the one to give the first treats to the girls. Then I'll throw the treats out to the flock.

Jem, Good to see you at the Hatchalong! What'ca hatchin'?
turkeys and chickens! :) But havent set the chicken eggs yet will set them in a few days so they hatch along with the turkeys :)

Back
Top Bottom