Dixie Chicks

@Alaskan yepp, the wee man is fine. Actually he is growing at the top of the growth charts, he's been in the 95th percentile...
I have been reassured many many times that the things that went wrong are so rare on their own already that chances are we'll have a normal birth with the next one. (Not that hubby wants another at this point having watched me go through this birth he's scared off). ROFL

Yeah... it takes a bit to recover.

Our first was bad... thought the baby was dead when he was born..... baby was fine, but it sure does a number on the parents. :rolleyes: Took years for us both to recover.

Baby 5 was a great big bunch of horrid.... everything worked out OK...but man... that was more stress than two old parents are capable of handling... which is a big part of why 5 is the last. :D

The ones in the middle were just fine! :)

I'm still around from time to time...

Nice to kniw you are still kicking! :)

What is your current pet chicken project?
Yeh, a great time of year to reflect on where projects are at--tally this and that, stop and take note...also sneak some time in to capture the moments before they fly by.
D.gif

And you can bet that time flies when you're having too much fun...can't believe it's nigh a dozen years but it has been all of that.
tongue.png

Higgins' Bantam Chantecler Project - Partridge (2), self-White & self-Buff hens
Compared to Standard Sized Chantecler
Why I do durn believe we got them large fowl mini sized up...REAL Chant blood made into the bantam form!!

Stop, click but don't blink, or another 12 years will have gone by.
lau.gif

The Buff hen made sure to give us a Christmas egg at -26C...gotta luv those "pet chicken projects" with benefits, eh.
cool.png

Dec 25, 2016 - Breakfast

Honoured out sing brightly chook contributions by making Christmas waffles--'cause well uh, you don't seem to consume enough calories at this time of year...do we??
gig.gif

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

@Alaskan yepp, the wee man is fine. Actually he is growing at the top of the growth charts, he's been in the 95th percentile...
I have been reassured many many times that the things that went wrong are so rare on their own already that chances are we'll have a normal birth with the next one. (Not that hubby wants another at this point having watched me go through this birth he's scared off). ROFL

Good to hear!

Alaskan, 5 kids, you crazy? ;) Haha

Hennible, the daughter of my mom's friend just had her 4th natural after 3 csections
Have you seen the article where they discovered at a 22 week ultrasound that a mom had a uterine rupture. Baby's feet and amniotic sac where sticking out. 6th pregnancy, all previous ones born via csection! Crazy scary!

Alaskan, 5 kids, you crazy? ;) Haha

Hennible, the daughter of my mom's friend just had her 4th natural after 3 csections
Have you seen the article where they discovered at a 22 week ultrasound that a mom had a uterine rupture. Baby's feet and amniotic sac where sticking out. 6th pregnancy, all previous ones born via csection! Crazy scary!

Yes...I am crazy....

:ya

Five boys.

Back
Top Bottom