Dixie Chicks

What other easily obtainable treatment do yall use for worms?

I use the Ivermectin 1.87% paste

Im told that you should alternate because if you use the same treatment it loses effectiveness.

Where the flock you been, Jack?!?!? :hugs :hugs

You doing ok??? Been worried!!

How'd the hatch go?

Ivermectin alone *is not* an effective dewormer... Safeguard(fenbendazole), Valbazen (albendazole) or the Praziquantel/Ivermectin combo paste are better choices, IMO...

How'd the hatch go?

Ivermectin alone *is not* an effective dewormer... Safeguard(fenbendazole), Valbazen (albendazole) or the Praziquantel/Ivermectin combo paste are better choices, IMO...
I just used this product from tsc called " wazine17" last week and the chicks look better and alert. I've been giving them only fresh water and nothing else added. So far so good. I couldn't find safeguard.

I just used this product from tsc called " wazine17" last week and the chicks look better and alert. I've been giving them only fresh water and nothing else added. So far so good. I couldn't find safeguard.

Wazine only treats roundworms... best to get a fecal float if possible done to find out what types of worms you are dealing with, most never show in their poop except roundworms unless you look hard...

Safeguard is in the horse/cattle/goat/sheep section...

How'd the hatch go?

Got a 4th coop/tractor setup, and a poult hatched yesterday, more in the bator!
Hatch was okay, the birds are beautiful. Got some Novogen Layers (brown eggs) and still a few meaties kickin around, the meatbirds are HUGE
(and I got a Plucker)

Got a 4th coop/tractor setup, and a poult hatched yesterday, more in the bator!
Hatch was okay, the birds are beautiful. Got some Novogen Layers (brown eggs) and still a few meaties kickin around, the meatbirds are HUGE
(and I got a Plucker)

Sweet!! Pics when you get a chance! I hadn't hatched from those yet this year, almost lost them all to a stupid mistake of mine... :(

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom