Dixie went broody AGAIN! Update: 3 chicks!

M To The Maxx

Baseball+Girls=Life
10 Years
Jul 24, 2009
Lutz,FL
Yup the title says it! Dixie went broody agin! Only one problem though! The chickens aren't laying again!. She is sitting on golfballs.
th.gif
barnie.gif
Gonna ask some people in the neighbor for some for her. I'll keep you guys updated.

Last edited:
Well mine finally started laying....just not sure who it is. At least one of the polish has to be a female cause all the others lay beige or brown eggs! I had three in the last week and a half but it has been a couple days. I looked for an egg today and found the stash...behind the nest boxes on top of a bale of hay. Six eggs. Four beige and two white! Have your's still not started? Mine had quit for about three months.
sharon

Mine keep quitting. I got a couple eggs for the last week or two. Not for the last couple days due to the temperature.

Mine are very sporatic as well since starting back. I thought they had quit again but then found the stash. It is supposed to be yet another...second of three nights in the 20's. No telling what that will do. It was 64 here a couple days ago.
sharon

Quote:

Yaaaay Dixie! You go girl! Now if we could just find her some eggs to sit on! Congrats on having one of the broodiest girls on all of BYC Maxx!
lol.png
Hey! Guess what sweetie? I finally have my own little broody. GeeGee has been sitting for about 4 days continuous now.
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
I think she might actually make it!

Good luck on finding eggs very soon Maxx. Keep us posted on how she does!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom