DIY chicken tractor from scrap wood

ZachyWachy

Songster
6 Years
Mar 25, 2017
Petersboro, Utah
My Coop
My Coop
I just started my own personal chicken tractor and thought that it would be fun to share it as well as helpful to get advise. It is made entirely out of leftover lumber. I made it for my bantams, as well as for any broodies and/or poults that I would like to have on grass.
Right now I've just got the frame done. Next I will have to make a door and then cover it with chicken wire and it's done. Tips and ideas are helpful, but I have to do this pretty much out of scraps because my parents are giving me no support with my chickens. However, I would still like the tips and ideas, I might be able to use them later. Or somebody else could.
Here's a few photos of the project right now.
20190315_094521.jpg
20190315_094501.jpg
20190315_094506.jpg
20190315_094511.jpg

Thanks aart. I'll try to get hardware cloth on it but it might take me a while because I'll have to buy it myself. Good thing that I've only got hawks that frequent my area. I do also have skunks and coyotes that come around occasionally, but by then whatever is in this tractor will be in their actual coop, safe and sound.

Yep...looks good. I love when people repurpose things. Your tractor is only as good as your defenses so don’t skimp on the wire. Can’t wait to see the finished tractor. Best wishes

Back
Top Bottom