DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions".

Oh and don't mention the alligator clips to DH or DS, they have them clipped on the main coop and I said that they have to go once it is a permanent setup. My whole house has bits of wire in random places, I want this to look PRETTY!

OScarlet..... I forgot you were in San Diego Too.... Slapping my forehead..... I reallly like your Tractor.... Excellent job. And when you get your coop fixed up it will make an excellent broody coop.

Your Apron should work for digging predators Awesome job.....

deb

This is crazy but I do believe I now own your brooder from the pics!! Think I bought it from you last year lol
I love this Thread! My husband builds all kinds of stuff for me and I feel very lucky to be married to such a smart guy
love.gif
I have these poop troughs in 2 of my bigger coops. They work so well and keep my coops clean for a long time. They have doors that I just park a wheelbarrow under outside the coop and push the poo out.
900x900px-LL-059af632_48894_roost_an_trough_2.jpeg
900x900px-LL-6bbcec83_48894_roost_an_trough1.jpeg
Some nesting boxes he made me for my BLRW coop Some awesome feeders that hold 80 pounds of feed so I don't have to feed more then once a week. And the small one is for grit and oyster shell. I have a bunch of these type if feeders in all my coops Heres the big one full of feed. I purchase locally made feed that comes in 80 pound bags so thats why he makes them this size, he even makes the bottom tapered so that the feed slides up. Here he is making me another BIG coop a few summers ago.
LL
LL
Heres a latch that he made for my coop doors on my smaller breeder coop condo. Its hammered copper pipe that he brought home (free) and a BIG huge screw he also uses at work, and he ended up getting ride of the white pull handle an making a copper one to match. I should take a photo of the finished product its really nice looking! Almost a little to nice for chickens!! Heres a chick brooder he made for me And he put it on wheels so its easy to move.. I now hatch to many chicks for it so hes made me a bunch of different brooders using rabbit cages. Theres so much more that hes made around here. He loves to make things for free and out of crazy stuff or build me something when we can't afford to buy it.

I found this watering system on-line today. Way overpriced for what it is and looks fairly easy to make. I, however, am not inclined that way.

Ideas?
The price on that is CRAZY!!!!

And why they have the red shut off valve is beyond me. that's not needed! The nipples stop the water.

Here's how you could make it............. Check the link in my signature line
Very easy to make heated waterer for winter:
http://goo.gl/j50hYW

Just don't add the "heat" to my instructions. VERY easy to build yourself!

The one in the link above is a bit different than this one I made this past spring. It worked all summer and was as easy as pie to ANYONE to make.
1/2" pvc pipe some pvc elbows, some nipples off ebay from china 5/$1.99 shipped and a 5 gallon bucket!

Installed UNDER my coop. Fill bucket from outside of the coop area:

View from the deck before installing under the coop (made taking pictures a lot easier):

Two nipples on the "high" (adult) side, and one nipple on the "low" (bantam) side.

Last edited:
How about making a bucket one, they are REALLY easy.

1) buy bucket
2) buy chicken nipples (my feed store sells them but I got mine from ebay)
3) find drill

drill correct size holes
insert nipples
fill with water
check they work
hang in run.

Back
Top Bottom