Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Pics
That makes sense. I’m sure it’s probably easier to just have it built in though but I also don’t think some breeds necessarily need like 20, million hours of exercise like some would imply haha

Some dogs (cough poodles) can settle with no exersise

you'd have to give a high drive dog extensive extersise for it to settle

you can have a tri color black white and tan with no points, but most black and tan dogs are black and tan pointed dogs
I think I almost understand
so the tan bits on a dog like a Doberman are called points but the colour is called black and tan?
Tri is any three colours and doesn’t all was have points?

Some dogs (cough poodles) can settle with no exersise

you'd have to give a high drive dog extensive extersise for it to settle
Well, I don’t mean no exercise, I was just meaning some will say they need like 4 hours for example, or even 2 or whatever, every day and I think even with the energetic breeds you can get away with less if you teach them to settle and also use mental stimulation instead of just straight exercise. I actually think just hours and hours of straight exercise hypes them up even more hahah of course they still need exercise and still need to run around, etc. but they can miss days and also if you’re doing something like nose work, obedience training, tricks, etc. and making them think, etc., that is exhausting too was more my point hahah and honestly, with the super high energy high drive dogs, you will never be able to tire them out just from exercise alone anyway cause they will get too fit and need more and more hahah I am definitely not advertising no exercise but they more so need work rather than just mindless zooming hahah

With "weak dogs?" not sure what you mean, ones not suited for bitework?

they rehome them. there are several rescues for retired police dogs.

Also the vast majority of K9s are bred, raised, trained and tested by private breeders and trainers prior to being purchased by and placed with police departments.
Some of the dogs not suitable for apprehension work, might excel at trailing suspects, or bomb, drug, and/or cadaver detection. They don't all do bitework.
Most of the dogs that "wash out" do so from the initial training programs, not from the police force. Many of the retired K9s are adopted by their handlers.

This is my son. He is a first generation tri-color phantom and has curly fur. He also has wirey old man back fur even though he is almost 2. His name is Nero. His siblings have the same back fur but it’s hard to tell. His siblings are Jax (Apricot with brown elbows with straight fur) and Smol Bean (Merle runt with wav). They are all from the same litter.
813CDEE5-F0DE-4701-9CE9-F224D8E1A852.jpeg

3FADE9A1-CC86-481D-B406-63EB30BD5FD6.jpeg

E01260BC-CDC7-4768-92A2-AB12E418F06F.jpeg

C591DC40-266B-498D-907B-9D6835904E0A.jpeg

DD0728BE-8CEA-4629-AFF9-3CCCEB97B25B.png

650F53EF-1AB0-435D-A8B4-7C7975A0FF6E.jpeg

2E58FA54-017E-454C-8FB0-D5E9AB84A390.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom