Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Pics
So if I where to get one how high a chance is there it would be very yippy? If it got correct training and entertainment.

Depending on the temperament too, I personally wouldn’t say too much. Especially if the dog doesn’t feel like he has to protect you—that also makes a difference. Altering also helps. 😊

Are you sure it is a teacup Pom? Apparently they aren’t really a thing, they are not bred by good breeders just by backyard breeders, I don’t know if it is different out side of the UK.
https://thepomeranianclubuk.weebly.com/teacup-puppies.html
Teacup is more than likely a Americans use to describe canines purposefully bred for size rather than for health. Most of the time they are promoted by back-yard-breeders or pets shops. These poor pups usually have dwarfism and other problems. It’s upsetting. 😔

Is there a reason some dogs scream when they're in a car going somewhere? Not barking, but like an actual yelping scream. It's a Aussie if that makes any difference. He seems to be okay going in the car and doesn't pace or lay down like he doesn't like the ride, but he'll scream the entire time the car is in motion
I mean...he is an Aussie...and they can be a bit touched. From personal experience. He could also be frightened of the motion—it could be causing some lack of security? There could be multiple reasons? Besides being an Aussie!

She says that it's a teacup, I don't know lol
She's SUPER tiny, can't be more than like 18-24 inches tall.
That’s actually huge for a Pomeranian—more harking back to the days of 30lbs. The AKC standard states that a Pomeranian should be 4-8 lbs. There used to be classes for Poms from 8-12 lbs. I’m curious if her Pom has something else in her? Intriguing.

So if I where to get one how high a chance is there it would be very yippy? If it got correct training and entertainment.

Probably the best way to predict: go meet the mother. If she is yippy, and you don't want a yippy dog, then you probably don't want a puppy of hers. If the mother is NOT yippy, then the puppy's got a much better chance of being not yippy.

The mother is much more important than the father for this, because
a) each parent provides half the genes
b) the mother raises the puppies, so they learn things from her
c) the people who own the mother, and who probably raised & trained her are also the people raising the puppies until they are old enough to sell--and whatever they did right or wrong with the mother, they are likely to do the same thing right or wrong with the puppies.

If the father lives in the same household, then whether he is yippy could also help you to predict about the puppies. But if the father lives somewhere else, raised by other people, then his influence (genetic only) will be much less than the mother's.

Of course the puppies won't be exact copies of either parent, but learning about the parents is more useful than any other thing I can think of ;)

I mean...he is an Aussie...and they can be a bit touched. From personal experience. He could also be frightened of the motion—it could be causing some lack of security? There could be multiple reasons? Besides being an Aussie!
But wouldn't he not want to go into the car then? He always tries to go into the cars when a door is open

Probably the best way to predict: go meet the mother. If she is yippy, and you don't want a yippy dog, then you probably don't want a puppy of hers. If the mother is NOT yippy, then the puppy's got a much better chance of being not yippy.

The mother is much more important than the father for this, because
a) each parent provides half the genes
b) the mother raises the puppies, so they learn things from her
c) the people who own the mother, and who probably raised & trained her are also the people raising the puppies until they are old enough to sell--and whatever they did right or wrong with the mother, they are likely to do the same thing right or wrong with the puppies.

If the father lives in the same household, then whether he is yippy could also help you to predict about the puppies. But if the father lives somewhere else, raised by other people, then his influence (genetic only) will be much less than the mother's.

Of course the puppies won't be exact copies of either parent, but learning about the parents is more useful than any other thing I can think of ;)
Thank you that makes sense
I am coming to the conclusion that I can only get a Pom when I move out, since their still seems to be a decently hight chance they will yap at things until you tell them to be quiet.

Thank you that makes sense
I am coming to the conclusion that I can only get a Pom when I move out, since their still seems to be a decently hight chance they will yap at things until you tell them to be quiet.
It’s completely up to you. Even with some that aren’t prone to guarding their person against leaves, the shrillness may bother some people who you live with.

@SpotTheCat
Also, just to be a jerk:
FD1B811E-CFE0-423C-A16A-239EDE7F2AC4.jpeg

Why so cute!?

Back
Top Bottom