Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Me: OOOOH I LOVE THIS BREED, THEY"RE SO PRETTY AND HAPPY I LOVE THEM
Breed info: These dogs are super high energy, so it's important to make sure that they get loads of exercise!
Me: D:
Me: I've got like 10 years until I could realistically get a dog, that's plenty of time to get into the habit of running every day
Me: .......................
Also me: hhhhhhhhhhnnggggg
You don’t have to run every day! For a lot of dogs, even energetic ones, mental stimulation can be just as, if not more, tiring! Hahah in fact, they say it’s better to not let them go too crazy and run around all the time cause it can keep them in a hyped up state as opposed to teaching them to stay calm. Also can make a super fit dog you can never tire out 😂🤣 of course, they do need running and exercise, but not as much as most people would think and also, you don’t need to run with them hahah think about it.... what’s more tiring, a bit of gym or an hour of math class? 😂🤣

I’ve always wanted to try joring hahah skijoring seems fun too 😂🥰

mee too I just dont have the right dog

I swear I will knock on the neighbors door and try and borrow their dog some time.

and yes with the exersise, they will build up endurance to a ton of exersise if you do it enough. 2 hours is just enough to get my dog in a frame of mind to work. if I bring him outside and try and work him right away, hes going to be so hyped he cant use his brain. We run then we train. its a 2 hour process, an afterwards he is POOPED

for about two hours and then we do it again :p

all together my dog gets 3 hours of intense running, split into two sessions, and about a hour of training, split into two sessions.

its not about working your dog ONCE, you need to work it several times a day or it will 1: get bored if you make your 1 hour of training all at once and 2: energy DOES come back, if you spend 3 hours running, they'll wanna run again in another 2 hours. Split the running up

mee too I just dont have the right dog

I swear I will knock on the neighbors door and try and borrow their dog some time.

and yes with the exersise, they will build up endurance to a ton of exersise if you do it enough. 2 hours is just enough to get my dog in a frame of mind to work. if I bring him outside and try and work him right away, hes going to be so hyped he cant use his brain. We run then we train. its a 2 hour process, an afterwards he is POOPED

for about two hours and then we do it again :p

all together my dog gets 3 hours of intense running, split into two sessions, and about a hour of training, split into two sessions.

its not about working your dog ONCE, you need to work it several times a day or it will 1: get bored if you make your 1 hour of training all at once and 2: energy DOES come back, if you spend 3 hours running, they'll wanna run again in another 2 hours. Split the running up
Yeah that makes a lot of sense! I personally love working them throughout the day lol

Yeah that makes a lot of sense! I personally love working them throughout the day lol

me too, on normal days i get out twice. One in the afternoon, and then again usually as the sun is setting

on the weekends/days i have extra time, we go out 3 or more times a day. Deacon runs, acts a fool.. then we train until deacon is being sloppy, one he gets sloppy, i make him do it one more time NICELY, then we finish on a good note.

If I can *hopefully* add another dog to my plate, I don't think deacon would get as much. I cannot work them together since deacon would try to
*~ eat the other dog ~ * ,
but as he's getting older, I DO notice him slowing down and I'm sure he wouldn't mind extra snuggle time.

Back
Top Bottom