Do any of you have this type of quail?

ducksliketoswim

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 9, 2012
RangeTuxedo_Thumb.jpg
I was looking at James Marie farms for some quail eggs to buy and would really love to start with these guys. The main reason I want quail is for eggs, do you guys know how these guys are when it comes to egg laying? Thanks!

I got 100 eggs last fall. Due to a power outage only 7 hatched. But those 7 have hatched about 100 cots so far! And I have made multiple jars of pickled eggs.

Last edited:
Never seem those kind before. Did it say what breed?
They are called Range Tuxedo

I got 100 eggs last fall. Due to a power outage only 7 hatched. But those 7 have hatched about 100 cots so far! And I have made multiple jars of pickled eggs
oh wow sounds like they are some pretty busy quail! You got the same type of quail that is pictured above?

That is a color of the coturnix quail. Like some people are blondes some are not. But we are all people. I actually bought his Manchurian Golds and Jumbo Browns.

Looks like a tux that was bred to have white on the belly too. Gorgeous! All Coturnix quail except maybe jumbos are excellent layers, producing around 200-250 eggs per year.

Range Tuxedo (When you combine a Range Coturnix with a A&M/ British(English) Range Coturnix)

Some are pied and some are areas (back yellowy/golden, front white), maybe some are stripes (could be).

Basically tuxedos are two dominant (or more) colours, on one bird. (In Coturnix quail atleast)

I called the hatchery dude and he said if i wanted quail for eggs I should go for the Gold Manchurian because they are the best egg layers. So I decided to go with 8 mandchurians and 7 Texas A&M's. I cant wait for my eggs to get in! The only thing i've ever hatched before are ducklings so this should be a pretty neat new experience for me! I've never ordered eggs before so I was wondering how good the hatch rate would be? Anyone ever have any problems incubating eggs that have been shipped?

Back
Top Bottom