Do any of you remember " Little House On the Prarie "

I'm watching the series right now and she takes the eggs to the store every day, anywhere from a dozen to three dozen. She has said on one of the episodes that their hens have multiplied greatlyfrom the original dozen pullets and two roosters they were given. (I saw that episode too, I have the whole series.)

She had brown eggs, too. Remember, Mrs. Olsen wanted to pay less for the brown eggs? Maybe she was hiding more chickens in the back? lol
Mrs. Olsen always looks for a way to slither out of paying what she promises for the eggs! Size, color, number she needs right now, whatever!

I was interested to know Laura Ingalls lived not far from me in Mansfield, Missouri. The Little House books were all written there. I haven't toured her home yet, but I mean to. It is open to the public.
There is also a museum with an interactive tour and a schoolhouse in De Smet, South Dakota. The original cottonwood trees Pa planted are still standing there and they sell clippings as souvenirs to help support the museum. They have all sorts of other goodies in the store as well, and I believe they also have a website you can check out.

It still drives me nuts when there are horses on TV shows and they CONSTANTLY make noises. I've had horses all my life and I bet that all the vocalizations they've made in all these years don't add up to the horse chatter during a single TV day
Maybe mine are just real introverts ...
gig.gif
Nah, they were playing to the market...they realized they had horse-crazy kids like I was watching the show just waiting for those horses to come out!

As a child this was the only show we were allowed to stay up and watch.
I have seen them all.

My favorite tear-jerker episode - When her baby brother dies and she tries to get God to bring him back and take her instead.

Favorite funny episode - Cinnamon chicken for Almonzo.

My favorites: where she gets Bunny back and she races and beats Nellie in the brush race. I really hate Nellie, always did!

Back
Top Bottom