Do Cayuga take longer? (Hatching)

Nope, never do.
Temp stayed at 98 and humidity stayed at 60% until lockdown then it was at 67%.
I've had great hatches this way.
If your bator is off this can cause delays
Higher humidity means smaller air cells and babies can have ti much room and take extra time as well. Has the air cell dipped forward yet ?
I wouldn’t touch an egg that has not started to hatch on its own

Okay, lay a soft towel on a table. Get some coconut oil, olive oil, or warm water as a moisturizer. Coconut oil or olive oil will work best, but water will work too. Lay your moisturizers beside the towel within reach. On the fat side of each egg, gently break the shell and peel away the shell gently. If you see any active blood vessels, stop and give it a few minutes.

Once the vessels are dry, start again and peel the membrane off. If any bleeding occurs, put a small amount of flour on it to dry it. Keep the membrane wet and moist so the chick won't get shrink wrapped. Keep peeling off shell first, then tear membrane. If you do the shell first, then tear membrane, you will lessen chances of bleeding. Keep tearing shell and membrane until the duck is free. Blow some hot breath on it every now and then to keep it warm. Say a prayer for it as well. We have saved gasping, dying chicks with prayers, chicks who were bleeding out with prayer, and even a stiff dead bird with prayer.

We found a stiff dead bird, prayed for it, and it flew off. If you need any more help, don't hesitate to let me know.
You assist when eggs have not even started the hatch process ?
I’m a little confused. If they haven’t started it’s cause they aren’t ready

Nope, never do.
Temp stayed at 98 and humidity stayed at 60% until lockdown then it was at 67%.
I've had great hatches this way.
Temp should be at 99.5 to hatch on time
98 is low enough this can cause the delay you are having
Please don’t start ti assist babies that aren’t ready yet

I've always done 98 and had good hatches.
It won’t kill hatches to be higher or lower but it can speed up or delay them
Egg size and humidity also play a roll
If you have a smaller egg run high humidity you get a smaller air cell baby will fill the egg and hatch on time
With a lower humidity and smaller egg it will hatch early
Bigger air cell forces the baby to hatch faster
Large egg and higher humidity will give small air cell and babies don’t get squished as fast forcing the hatch so they take longer
Larger egg with lower humidity gives bigger air cell and baby comes on time.
Time of year
Temp outside and humidify in the air can have an affect on bstor too
Hope that makes sense
I run 40-45 humidity 99.5 -99.8 fir heat and I don’t incubate any egg under 75 grams
My babies hatch around day 26-28

My mom duck sat for 30 days is when her baby hatched. She was my only female at the time so nobody else was adding extra eggs in
Day 28 is a general but not a has to hatch

It won’t kill hatches to be higher or lower but it can speed up or delay them
Egg size and humidity also play a roll
If you have a smaller egg run high humidity you get a smaller air cell baby will fill the egg and hatch on time
With a lower humidity and smaller egg it will hatch early
Bigger air cell forces the baby to hatch faster
Large egg and higher humidity will give small air cell and babies don’t get squished as fast forcing the hatch so they take longer
Larger egg with lower humidity gives bigger air cell and baby comes on time.
Time of year
Temp outside and humidify in the air can have an affect on bstor too
Hope that makes sense
I run 40-45 humidity 99.5 -99.8 fir heat and I don’t incubate any egg under 75 grams
My babies hatch around day 26-28

My mom duck sat for 30 days is when her baby hatched. She was my only female at the time so nobody else was adding extra eggs in
Day 28 is a general but not a has to hatch
Sorry misread what you said.
All my hatches have always hatched when they should.

Back
Top Bottom