do chickens talk back ?

Oh I know they're talking to me. My chicky girls love to stalk me slowly, look for treats, tell me everything the ducks are doing, take selfies with my phone (they love posing), peck me in the back (they swear my hair looks like something to eat). The ducks are likewise very vocal but lord help if I try to reach out and touch the babies I've raised. I've named one hen Karen because she always has to tattle on the others and express her opinion of what the dogs are doing and everything going on in the yard. 🤣
Awwww… mother’s little helper! 😇

Oh I know they're talking to me. My chicky girls love to stalk me slowly, look for treats, tell me everything the ducks are doing, take selfies with my phone (they love posing), peck me in the back (they swear my hair looks like something to eat). The ducks are likewise very vocal but lord help if I try to reach out and touch the babies I've raised. I've named one hen Karen because she always has to tattle on the others and express her opinion of what the dogs are doing and everything going on in the yard. 🤣
They love taking selfies... selfish.... they took these by pecking the shutter button on my phone. They seriously love this stuff and take pictures of themselves. 🤣

We haven’t had a TV for 22 years. I don’t think we missed much….
Yup, I didn't have TV 80s or 90s. When sick on chemo in 2005 I discovered Seinfeld & watched every rerun...as it was new to me. Humor is a good thing, we need more of it. Educational is cool too, love Smithsonian & Discover channels. TV is nice when you're ill & recovering & can't get into reading due to eye & migraine pain, but for the most part, I'd say there's probably about 200 channels that are totally worthless, maybe more. 😆

Yup, I didn't have TV 80s or 90s. When sick on chemo in 2005 I discovered Seinfeld & watched every rerun...as it was new to me. Humor is a good thing, we need more of it. Educational is cool too, love Smithsonian & Discover channels. TV is nice when you're ill & recovering & can't get into reading due to eye & migraine pain, but for the most part, I'd say there's probably about 200 channels that are totally worthless, maybe more. 😆
Including the news….. sigh

This guy, likes WW2 marine corps movies. Or the one DVD “cry Macho” he’s weird, but he’s my best buddy. Except that I can’t watch that cry Macho movie anymore. Jaffar’s seen it at least 15 times. :barnie
Jaffar- bantam Partridge Cochin rooster. D61335EB-D558-4036-B594-25552CB535CB.jpeg

I know this may sound weird but do chickens talk back or talk with us? whenever mine see me (the ones that i raised from when they were baby chicks not the older ones in the flock) walk up to me and start making small clucking noises and look at me and like tilt their head or if I talk first they reply and they come up close and look at me and sometimes try to eat things off me or rub their beak on me or sit across me and do small clucking noises I can’t tell if this is normal for chickens or if they’re communicating something but advice would be super helpful ty 😅 the cockerels do this too not just the pullets if that helps
I know mine do especially my first hen I got but if she doesn’t get her way then I swear she cusses me out and turns and walks away mumbling to herself😂😂😂😂

Back
Top Bottom