Do chicks try to crow at 4 weeks of age?

Welsummers can be sexed right away, the female has the dark line extending beyond her eye towards her ear is dark and very well defined. On the male, that same line is light and blurry. if you look at the triangle on the top of their head, on the female it is dark and clearly defined, the male's triangle is lighter and the edges are not clearly defined.
This should help you determine if it is cockerel. If you ordered all pullets the hatchery should have had no problem determining between the two so most likely you have pullets.

I have 3 chickens that I have incubated and hatched from eggs, and I have a little white chicken that I cannot figure out. You see the thing is that she(he?) Looks like a hen. Short tail and I wing sexed her at an early age. But just last week she started to open her(his?) Mouth and make a gaging motion, and a screeching sound. This only happens in the early morning around 5-6. I do not know what to do because if she is a he we will not be able to keep them on our property. Please help.thank you.

I have a 4 week old silkie whom we already figured was a rooster, run around starting to "crow" (more like a wicked scream) yesterday....It may be because I think there may be 3 roosters out of the 7 eggs we hatched. Crazy
I have a bigSilkie chick that is about 4.5 weeks old running around looking like he is trying to crow but nothing comes out. He’s is way bigger than his 2 siblings and acts very dominant. I’m sure he’s a rooster but can’t be sure until I hear the sound. I’m sad because I’m not allowed chickens in my neighborhood and was hoping to hide them in my backyard. With a rooster that may be difficult.

Back
Top Bottom