Do ducklings need UVB/UVA light bulb to simulate the sun's vitamins like reptiles do?

Romans1089

Chirping
May 3, 2023
Florida
Howdy yall! I've been looking for the answer to this question and can't seem to find it so hopefully you guys know.
Do ducklings need a special UVB UVA bulb to imitate the sun's vitamins, like reptiles do? All I see them have at tractor supply is the red heat bulbs.

Romans 10:8-9, Kenny

No, because they can go outside and get real sun.
That is good point. I only have two enclosures currently. My broader is inside and the juvenile ones are on back porch. I'm looking to move the juveniles location to sunlight, (I think they might be old enough) however my hatchlings still have no sunlight since they are inside.

That is good point. I only have two enclosures currently. My broader is inside and the juvenile ones are on back porch. I'm looking to move the juveniles location to sunlight, (I think they might be old enough) however my hatchlings still have no sunlight since they are inside.
You can use duck vitamin supplements, sunlight boosts vitamin d production but they'll be fine until they're big enough.

If you have nice days now Even littles can go outside for a little fun time. Just supervise. When it was in the 60's here and no wind I took mine out and they had a blast and didn't huddle like they were cold. You just have to watch how they are behaving to make sure they aren't getting chilled. I think at the start mine got 10-15 min at a time outside. Got to be around the adults which is always nice so they can get used to having littles running around.

If you have nice days now Even littles can go outside for a little fun time. Just supervise. When it was in the 60's here and no wind I took mine out and they had a blast and didn't huddle like they were cold. You just have to watch how they are behaving to make sure they aren't getting chilled. I think at the start mine got 10-15 min at a time outside. Got to be around the adults which is always nice so they can get used to having littles running around.
I'll defintely do that! Did you have them fenced in or anything?

Back
Top Bottom