Do i have 2 Aylesbury or Pekin ducklings or maybe a mix of both?

DuckMadness

In the Brooder
Feb 26, 2017

When I bought the two babies I was told they were pekins. However the more research I do it looks like I either have a Pekin and a Aylesbury or both of them are mixed. Or maybe just one is. Could someone help me figure this out?

The one on the left could easily be an Aylesbury.

That's what I was hoping as I was getting worried that she/he had some kind of nutrient deficiency but the place I got them said they were pekins but I've read that they are very easy to mix up. I hope it's an Aylesbury and a Pekin as I've heard it's rare to find an Aylesbury in the US. Don't know any truth behind that as these are my first 2 but I love learning about them.

That's what I was hoping as I was getting worried that she/he had some kind of nutrient deficiency but the place I got them said they were pekins but I've read that they are very easy to mix up. I hope it's an Aylesbury and a Pekin as I've heard it's rare to find an Aylesbury in the US. Don't know any truth behind that as these are my first 2 but I love learning about them.
Pekin's bill colors can vary too, so they could both still be Pekins.... Yeah, they seem to be pretty rare here.

I also saw that as well. Many people said that as they grow they go from a pink to orange then back to pink or Orange to pink then back to orange. Idk I hope one is an Aylesbury cause they look awesome. But I figured it wasn't a protein deficiency as their legs are normal color from what I can tell

I also saw that as well. Many people said that as they grow they go from a pink to orange then back to pink or Orange to pink then back to orange. Idk I hope one is an Aylesbury cause they look awesome. But I figured it wasn't a protein deficiency as their legs are normal color from what I can tell
They both look healthy, so I'm sure it's not anything health related.
smile.png

I hope not and thank you i spend my every waking moment making sure they swim eat and drink and sleep haha which is spotty. My girl was doing some research as well and found out that the different bill color could be cause of different sexs. Could this also be true?

After watching some videos on YouTube of Aylesbury I think they are mixed. I only say that cause they are very deep breasted and they are a bit shorter and stockier. They don't stand as upright as all the Pekin pictures I've seen.

I hope not and thank you i spend my every waking moment making sure they swim eat and drink and sleep haha which is spotty. My girl was doing some research as well and found out that the different bill color could be cause of different sexs. Could this also be true?
I don't think this is true for these breeds...
hmm.png
Sorry, I wish I could be more help to you, but I've never had either of these breeds.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom