Do I have a roo? *NEW PICS!*

sunny & the 5 egg layers

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 29, 2011
I was just wondering if this is a roo or not. He/She is about 6 weeks old. Here are pictures...
84433_102_1340.jpg

84433_102_1348.jpg

84433_102_1342.jpg

84433_102_1350.jpg

84433_102_1346.jpg

He/She is a Production red. I noticed today while they were exploring outside that there is a little bit of black feathers he/she has coming in. Does that mean rooster? He/she is REALLY mean. And whenever we try to pick he/she up he/she scratches us. He/She's comb is bigger then all the others. Please lemme know what you think. Thanks.

Last edited:
he/she favors my red girls which are the same age im just guessing but i'm going to say roo just because the comb is red and the waddles are red and he's not a feathered out as my girls are

Yep, I'd say rooster.
My rooster was as mean as could be at that age, he would make it a point to come from wherever he was to get me (attack me) everyday when he heard my truck pull into the driveway.
He mellowed with age and I couldn't imagine not having him to take care of the girls.
Good luck with it

Really? I got it from the pullet bin at TSC along with 5 others. If he turns out to be a roo, I will have to get rid of him. I cant really have a roo where I live. My neighbors wouldnt really appriciate having a rooster going cocka doodle doo at 5:30 in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom