Do I have all cockerels?

When it comes to the barred rock, what are you seeing that confirms he is a cockerel? I have a BR in question too...ive posted about him/her before and had mixed answers.

Beautiful! Wish I could help but I'm a newbie too. Looking forward to more input...

I have a some older chicks that were a little skittish until a few days ago. I sat down in the coop and let them eat out of my hand. Ever since then they follow me around. They don't feel as threatened when I sit down.

I have a some older chicks that were a little skittish until a few days ago. I sat down in the coop and let them eat out of my hand. Ever since then they follow me around. They don't feel as threatened when I sit down.

Ive taken a few of mine outside and they seem to feel safer if I'm sitting with them. Keeping close to me and actually trying to get out of then pen if I'm out. Will even climb into my lap. But as soon as they're in the brooder they go back to being skittish. I should actually try to handle mine a little more. They don't seem as fearful if I'm kneeling beside the brooder. "Death from above" thing I guess

Here are some current pictures of "Ben" at about 6 1/2 weeks. Are we sure it's still a cockerel? I think it's interesting that the comb seems to be changing color at the tips.

Thanks!
Barb

Back
Top Bottom