Do I have another Roo? EE this time... *New Pics*

I would say pullet. It has the coloring of a hen. But that comb is really red and it looks pretty big for 7 weeks. A hen's would get that color when she is older. Are you sure about the age?

Wow... all these mixed responses! Maybe there is still a chance.
wink.png
I can definitely wait and see, I'm in no hurry to do anything, since I still haven't decided what I'm doing with the chicks that end up being roos anyway. I already have one roo... maybe I should get some more chicks so that they will be ready to replace the roos I might end up with...?
lol.png

I think the color of the pic is way off look at the girls arm color. Is the chicks comb really as red as it shows in the pic?

Color patterning looks girl to me, comb is large but (s)he could have a single comb instead of a pea. I'm guessing girl w/ a badly colored pic.

Quote:
I think some of that color on her arm is the reflection of her pink dress, and I guess the comb could have gotten some of the reflection also. I was using my phone instead of my camera- because it's just what I had with me. The comb is pretty red, though- it looks more washed out in the other two pics than it is in real life, but it may look a little more red in the pic with my daughter holder her/him. Now I'm gonna have to compare next time I go check on them and maybe take a pic or two with my camera.
smile.png

Quote:
I will second that. It's like a roo wearing pullet feathers. I'd lean towards an early devloping Pullet. It can happen.

Quote:
I will second that. It's like a roo wearing pullet feathers. I'd lean towards an early devloping Pullet. It can happen.

My daughter will be so happy if those of you saying pullet are right!
big_smile.png
I'll be happy too- because all of my other girls are brown egg layers. Not that color matters, but I thought it would be nice to have a blue/green/something else egg in there every so often.
smile.png

Quote:
Oh, and I am pretty sure about the age- I could be off by maybe 2-3 days, but that's it. I got her/him as a little fuzzy butt and based my approximate hatch date by the feed store saying they were about 2-3 days old when I bought them.

ETA a picture of baby EE...
93624_img_0894.jpg

Last edited:
If the chick was the wild pattern one with the dark back color up onto her head and the mixed color feathers on the side it is a hen. It is the wild color pattern. The males will be lighter and not have as dark a pattern on its head. Name your new hen. Gloria jean
However if it was the dark chick I can not help you with the ID Sorry.

Last edited:
Quote:
That's the one- with the wild pattern & dark stripe on her back/head. Wow... I'm glad I posted this! I'm gonna go down there in a minute and take a better pic of the comb, maybe it looks more red in the pic...

Back
Top Bottom